• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

740/940 Regina +T

it will run pig rich without a way to subtract fuel when out of boost. what i did was just a bare bones +t for those who want about 150hp out of regina.

if you want to start changing injectors and stuff like that, talk to 740volvo as he knows what aftermarket tuning components are needed to add to regina or trick it into working with much bigger injectors.

the +t i did here was a 2 hour job, what he did probably took longer than 2 hours.

my purpose was to prove that regina could handle a +t without adding any extra fuel/ignition controllers. if you want to start running bigger injectors, more boost and stuff like that you will need these things.

Got it, for a second I thought it was as simple as making K-Jet run pig rich on boost only. I'm probably going to run SMT6 as some of my buddies here have a lot of experience with it.

The SMT6 will help a bit, I would say get an airflowconverter witch tricks the ecu and makes it think it's not reading pressure and you can control the % of the gasoline.
I run 440cc INJECTORS with Regina and the VAFC on 14psi w/out a problem I also have a walbro 310 in tank (11.8 AFR).
I get about 25-29 mpg on the HW and about 21-23 in the city (aka stop and go).

The VAFC sounds bitchin' though. I did some reading on it and the thing has a great interface. Sadly it might be a bit out of my price range.

About the airflow converter, you are talking about getting a converter on top of the piggyback? What would be the point?

I figured that if I can't make it work properly on Regina I can just install 2.4 with a 240 harness instead and call it good (changing the pressure plate would be a pain, but whatever.)

That's still good though Matt you did a great job, I just went out of my way to be different and make it work with bigger injectors, I guess that's why I went from slammed Hondas to slammed Volvos :lol:

:zeeall:

my purpose was to prove that regina could handle a +t without adding any extra fuel/ignition controllers. if you want to start running bigger injectors, more boost and stuff like that you will need these things.

I think we all greatly appreciate what you did! Thanks! Opened my eyes!

-Ryan

Got it, for a second I thought it was as simple as making K-Jet run pig rich on boost only. I'm probably going to run SMT6 as some of my buddies here have a lot of experience with it.

The VAFC sounds bitchin' though. I did some reading on it and the thing has a great interface. Sadly it might be a bit out of my price range.

About the airflow converter, you are talking about getting a converter on top of the piggyback? What would be the point?

I figured that if I can't make it work properly on Regina I can just install 2.4 with a 240 harness instead and call it good (changing the pressure plate would be a pain, but whatever.)

:zeeall:
:) the VAFC is an airflowconverter, I wouldnt buy a new one that's for sure.
I found mine for $80 bucks from a local guy selling it on craigslist, I would check that may find some thing worth a try...

Has anyone tried running yeller-tops with Regina?

Interesting to read in one of the Volvo Pocket Data booklets that the Regina in-tank pump output (pressure/volume) is right on par with the Bosch turbo get-up.

-Ryan

mpg is poopy, like 18mpg avg, 22 hwy. you can't have your cake and eat it too though.

it runs 7psi boost. the first turbo i used ended up being junk, i swapped another 13c on there but wastegate arm was not adjustable, didn't care to mess with it, just left it at stock boost.

it's been reliable and still scoots around like a stock turbo car.

I installed a apexi VAFC and was able to run 440cc injector and running 15psi on a 70 trim turbo.

I've seen you mention this before on the forum. Have you done a write up on yours? I don't think I'm planning to "do it", just curious what signals you used, and how you send them back into the ECU.

Cheers!
-Ryan

The VAFC acts like a voltage clamp that doesn't let the ecu read any boost because it runs an a MAP sensor and it the ecu read any kind of boost it will wig out, and it also has two tunable maps.

How much does the ecu rely on TPS vs MAP for injector pulse width? Because if it's just basing the fuel on the MAP signal, it seems ike rigging a hobbs switch to turn on the cold start once you hit boost would be the way to go.

Back