• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B21A intake coolant port block off

OldPinky

Got an 82' 245 I'm converting to fuel injection and the new intake manifold does not cover the holes where coolant goes through. I was wondering what you guys would do to block these ports. I was thinking thread and put a bolt in it but then I'd end up with metal flakes in the coolant. Any advice is much appreciated.
bMfVZvm

Drain the coolant, use grease on the tap to catch the metal flakes, vacuum/wipe up what the grease doesn't capture. A tiny bit of whatever you miss won't hurt anything.

Got an 82' 245 I'm converting to fuel injection and the new intake manifold does not cover the holes where coolant goes through. I was wondering what you guys would do to block these ports. I was thinking thread and put a bolt in it but then I'd end up with metal flakes in the coolant. Any advice is much appreciated.
bMfVZvm

Alternatively, let the coolant lube the tap. Shove the garden hose into the degas bottle and stuff a rag around it. Turn it on and the water pressure will blow the chips right out of the hole. Then drain and refill with coolant of choice.

/\ /\ /\ That's what I did with my 531 head. I only discovered this after it was all together and I added coolant, lol. I forget the size, but I jsut got a little metal freeze plug, smeared a tiny bit or RTV on it, tapped it in, never thought about it again.

Alternatively, let the coolant lube the tap. Shove the garden hose into the degas bottle and stuff a rag around it. Turn it on and the water pressure will blow the chips right out of the hole. Then drain and refill with coolant of choice.

That is a great idea.

Back