• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Part Identification, Washer for horn connector

Mrzci33

Hi All, can not find what's the part number for this? Has anyone ever bought one or thought of another solution for horn contact
It's for 1988 244.

a>

a>

Thanks again for all these guys. Helped a lot, I've been a member but first time posting, amazed by the replies.
I'm in Vancouver, BC. I'll try to take out the ring and plastic weld it, if I can't fix it, I'll buy from these or the Volvo dealer.

So, basically, just a flat sheet of non-conductive plastic, 3 mounting holes, 1 connector pass-through, and a big hole in the middle for the ring to crimp to (fold over the 4 tabs).

Carve one out of a plastic milk jug? Nah, too flimsy.
Buy a 3D printer? Too expensive.
Flat Tupperware food storage lid? Hmmmm.....
:thinking:

So, basically, just a flat sheet of non-conductive plastic, 3 mounting holes, 1 connector pass-through, and a big hole in the middle for the ring to crimp to (fold over the 4 tabs).

Carve one out of a plastic milk jug? Nah, too flimsy.
Buy a 3D printer? Too expensive.
Flat Tupperware food storage lid? Hmmmm.....
:thinking:

Good idea! :nod:

I have one still in the housing, plastic is cracked but still looks secure,, a dab of glue it should be fine.

If that is your part as pictured, I would see if I could repair it.
Someone jokingly suggested milk jug plastic, but that or something similar carefully hand cut and super glued to your contact ring would probably fix you up.

Back