• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

New club 300+ hp - see if you apply!

wouldnt it be the other way around? i.e. 7.5:1 B21FT making 135whp and 180ftlbs of torque and a 9:1 B230F+T making 180whp and like 290 ftlbs of torque?

No, this is always so. Lower static compression with higher boost, will make more torque <--- not always a good thing. A higher static CR motor making the same whp (will need less boost to do so) as the low compression motor, will make less torque. Higher CR will also be more octane limted as far as making power, and generally needs very good EMS control, compared to the lower compression motor...

Ah not fully correct. I would also hope the heck so you make more power with higher static CR with the same boost :-P to a point... add more boost for each motor, to the limit of the knock index of the fuel (say 93 pump gas, or 91 in cali), then report back 8-)
You will reach a knock limit sooner with higher static CR.

Heh, yeh we are jacking the thread :-D

Infector 944 said:
[quote:01c70ad4a7="bitjockey"]So, uh, can us FWD boys play? :wave:

Yea, but you have to be driving backwords, that way your power will be comming from the correct tires. :-P[/quote:01c70ad4a7]

he could probably stil beat my car, even if he was in reverse :-P

noz-e8tr said:
Hell yeh....As soon as I get my 250 shot NOS system on..I'm in da club... :-P
Wrong thread, You shoulda posted that in just the Zero HP Club thread.....
Robin: Should we just include the new S60R and V70R's too? Meh. :wink:

mAydAy said:
[quote:c0a5c7691e="noz-e8tr"]Hell yeh....As soon as I get my 250 shot NOS system on..I'm in da club... :-P
Robin: Should we just include the new S60R and V70R's too? Meh. :wink:[/quote:c0a5c7691e]

Allready did Mayday... It's a win-win situation baby..... Oneway or another.. I will belong.....

noz-e8tr said:
[quote:f014025ac8="mAydAy"][quote:f014025ac8="noz-e8tr"]Hell yeh....As soon as I get my 250 shot NOS system on..I'm in da club... :-P
Robin: Should we just include the new S60R and V70R's too? Meh. :wink:[/quote:f014025ac8]

Allready did Mayday... It's a win-win situation baby..... Oneway or another.. I will belong.....[/quote:f014025ac8]
I was thinking lose lose. You're either HP-less, or you're living in fear of running a Vo with nitrous....

Yes, FWD's and AWD's can follow the same guidelines however the drivetrain loss is much less. (or more for AWD)

Anyone have the loss for FWD? im guessing at 10% auto and 8% manual?

tryckj?vel said:
Yes, FWD's and AWD's can follow the same guidelines however the drivetrain loss is much less. (or more for AWD)

Anyone have the loss for FWD? im guessing at 10% auto and 8% manual?
Not sure, but the AWD drivetrain loss is huge, atleast in the earlier cars. Some people at Volvospeed were talking of estimates of well over 20% loss in the first-gen v70 AWD's. I'll try to find the thread later, the boards are down now.

TaderSalad said:
Actually, Kai found the AWD on the S60R's to be suprizingly effiecent.

the FWD cars are a bit heavier, I'd say the same "track" rules apply.
Thats why I said first generation....As in the late 850AWD's and the S70/V70's.

mAydAy said:
[quote:95510b0de5="noz-e8tr"][quote:95510b0de5="mAydAy"][quote:95510b0de5="noz-e8tr"]Hell yeh....As soon as I get my 250 shot NOS system on..I'm in da club... :-P
Robin: Should we just include the new S60R and V70R's too? Meh. :wink:[/quote:95510b0de5]

Allready did Mayday... It's a win-win situation baby..... Oneway or another.. I will belong.....[/quote:95510b0de5]
I was thinking lose lose. You're either HP-less, or you're living in fear of running a Vo with nitrous....[/quote:95510b0de5]

Nitrous can be your friend Mayday.. You just have to respect what it can do.. It's actually easier on your engine that a turbo at a given HP increase. At a -162 degree the intake charge is much cooler than a turbo, and since a wet system injects gas as well as nitrous and it is properly metered (if done correctly), you should not have to worry about a lean condition..It's just a matter of what your bottom end can handle...Which is a limitation on any engine, be it turbo, supercharged, nos etc...

Back