• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

SE 20' Date Set: 4-25-2020

linuxman51

Railspeeder Enthusiast #1
300+ Club
Aight, April 25 is not the date. Put it down in ya calendar! edit: take it off your calendar!

this is currently on hold pending pandemic results. we'll revisit this again at an undetermined time in the future to see what's going on

The usual stuff applies:
Bring spare parts for questionable stuff, tow questionable cars so you already have a backup plan
Bring more money than you think you'll need (or just have it in the budget)
Check the forecast frequently, although the end of April here is normally pretty good to boarderline hot. I think we were mid-upper 80's this year if not low 90's. Thinking more along the lines of rain, but plan accordingly.

The general guideline/workflow/eventflow:
Friday: People arrive, check in to hotels, etc; unload cars of unnecessary things. Starting around 4pm we will be getting ready to leave for the track weather permitting. (more on this later). Track is *usually* ~5:30pm-Close, however if we get rained out or everyone gets their fill really fast, game time decisions can be made.

Saturday: Reconvene at the heeb hilton 9:30am-ish for Dyno day! Mini-cruises may depart, more often there are ride-alongs. Lunch will be a Wren-to-be-determined type of situation. The grill will be available, but normally I'm running the dyno. No ramps this year!
Cost for dyno is $50, you can sign up in advance for preferential treatment or beratement, pp is accepted. Beyond that, it's FCFS. Somewhere around 4 or 5pm (or sooner, if we get tired and run out of cars) we'll cut the dyno off and transition into post dyno party time. If the weather is nice, this will be in and around the pool. if the weather is bad, this will be in and around the shop (large indoor space hopefully not full of broken bricks).

Sunday: GTFH. Most folks dip from the hotel, for anyone wanting to hang for a while we can play it by ear and make some kinda lunch (usually following day-drinking with wren depending on hangover status) or go somewhere for lunch, whatevs.

For early arrivals thursday night there is a place around the corner that isn't a chain, and has all you can eat wings (as is tradition), though it's hipsterish and kinda costs the same. This too can be a game-time decision, as there are a number of establishments within 15 minutes of the house to suit virtually any palate.

Address is 313 Foxchase Drive, 36064.

There are a ton of hotels nearby, Sam may once again offer his garage for sleeping, and I suppose the shop can be made available as well (vs driving drunk anywhere) just don't tell the wife. The outdoor bathroom and shower is a real thing (not at the shop, it's a hike from there. don't **** in the woods)

Dyno list
Stick70
JohnMC
MikeSr
Propav8r
Bus Driver
starvin' marvin
the infamous non jerry j_jones

Someone tell issac
167437584.jpg

Last edited:
I’m good with whatever weekend y’all decide.

Kenny, have you done any turbo diesel tubing before? I might be driving on for this SE.

Back