• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Looking at a 142, what to look for

If you can find a pair of early fenders the wheel opening is smaller.

Look at how much fender there is between the top of the wheel opening and the trim molding on the first car vs. the second one.

CC188-FEAT2-01.jpg

CC188-FEAT2-02.jpg

Well to get it on the road is a carb rebuild and brake job. Probably flush the gas tank and lines, check out the suspension.. Not really that much work. In PA just register it as an antique and you don't need inspection. The wiring I saw didn't look bad. To make it a really nice car would be a good bit more work.

Well to get it on the road is a carb rebuild and brake job. Probably flush the gas tank and lines, check out the suspension.. Not really that much work. In PA just register it as an antique and you don't need inspection. The wiring I saw didn't look bad. To make it a really nice car would be a good bit more work.

I would wager the bushings are shot but put some poly bushings in there and you are in business. But you can drive home on shot bushings, it just won't be fun.

Not on this car, they are intact. They didn't need any help getting all f'd up.

Everyone concerned about the car getting molested, buy it, it's really cheap. Or watch it go and complain about it being raped later. If I got ahold of it, it might end up looking kind of stock, but I hate 14" wheels and carburetors.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VzPsdkTCufs" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm just saying it would need a lot before I was happy with it. I love the body style and interior though.

Hope it finds a good home.

Back