• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Official LH2.4 EZK Wasted Spark Conversion - Installation Instructions

Is it possible that after installing the wasted spark that the fueling requirements could change? IOW additional fuel with a slightly larger injector?

kits to make ignition wires to length for the Bosch 2x2 coil are where?

It seems like there might be another option somewhere from the popular North American brands rather than using these?
Right now, I'm using 4 of the wires from the NGK kit for the V8 Land Rover in which that coil comes stock, and the lengths are a bit longer than ideal. At $20 for the 8-pack, I could source the shortest 2 wires from 2 kits, but it would be nice to see some large diameter wire options as well.

For tach signal back, keep the wires on the coil or wire in a relay where it was.

FTOQ9J3l.jpg

Random update:

If anyone is seeking to go with the components detailed in the diagram above, the necessary wiring connectors can be purchased new for a cleaner install:

Connector for Bosch 0 221 503 407: TE Connectivity 282191-1

Connector for Mitsubishi J702T: Sumitomo DL 090-8S-2
(benefits from one terminal plug to prevent moisture ingress: Sumitomo 7160-9787)

As an utter noob at wiring and anything related, I must ask: what's the recommended wire gauge for this, and no need for shielded, right...?

Yes, however the earlier diagrams in this thread show the tach hooked to TAC.

BuchkaWastedSparkWiring_zps39ff6e9a.jpg

Maybe people were having issues with it powering the tach and that's why the updated picture shows the relay method?

well thanks for posting my How to Wire it up guide :)
you wont need any relay when using the Mazda Ignitor module. so the edited picture further up is just wasted time if you are using the parts listed on the picture :) this have worked like a charm on my 242 8V but now i am going t use it along with COP instead of the 2x2 coil on my new 16V Turbo :)

so...

WHAT is the correct Coil on Plug i should buy to make it work with the Wasted Spark board on a 16V head? i have no patience for reading all pages to backread on that question and i need to get them soon :) thanks :)

Last edited:
Just finished my install. Followed DET17s footsteps and went from a gold cold chipped ezk to stock blackbox.

I used a 203 powerstage, 407 coil, relay running the tach, and the BTI valve cover mounting bracket.

Btw, the spark board from cflo still appears to have the spark outputs reversed. No big deal, just make sure you do a test start/run before you make the final crimp/solder.

Yes, we've verified that this whole batch has the outputs reversed. So until further notice, please swap the 1-4 and 2-3 outputs when you do your wiring. It has to do with how the boards were programmed. Everything still functions as normal though.

After almost two weeks of running the new spark, I like it. The car definitely pulls hard in the upper rev range. A lot of people don't give the T cam enough credit, it'll pull to redline in 3rd. My car doesn't have much mods other than running 12psi on a 13c and the obx 2.5 catback. Can't judge any mpg differences as I've been too busy enjoying the new power vs. driving like I normally do.

This weekend I plan to finally have enough time to install the do88 intercooler and B or ipd cam to complement the new spark.

5U178YI.jpg

Back