• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

16v +T lh 2.2 what injectors

I have some reman Ford brown tops that I ran on 2.2, not too many miles after I got them. $100 shipped if you want them. They need the plastic caps and o rings for the tip, can get at any auto parts jank

Edit: I will throw in the resistor pack too

Last edited:
I have some reman Ford brown tops that I ran on 2.2, not too many miles after I got them. $100 shipped if you want them. They need the plastic caps and o rings for the tip, can get at any auto parts jank

Edit: I will throw in the resistor pack too

im having ping issues at high rpm in boost
I don't just want to throw injectors at this. Care to explain what those are? Its my understanding that installing injectors on 2.2 doesnt do much ? But I could be wrong

I also have ford denso f87e-d2b but I dont know what it takes to make those run or if they're too big etc

im having ping issues at high rpm in boost
I don't just want to throw injectors at this. Care to explain what those are? Its my understanding that installing injectors on 2.2 doesnt do much ? But I could be wrong

I also have ford denso f87e-d2b but I dont know what it takes to make those run or if they're too big etc

They're probably the largest injectors you can run on 2.2 and still have a decent idle. I had to lean the AMM all the way out for decent idle and cruise, I think I was running 15psi with these. They're low impedance so you need to wire in the resistor pack, 2.2 used lie impedance from the factory. There's a bunch of old school information about 2.2 on TB if you Google it.

They're probably the largest injectors you can run on 2.2 and still have a decent idle. I had to lean the AMM all the way out for decent idle and cruise, I think I was running 15psi with these. They're low impedance so you need to wire in the resistor pack, 2.2 used lie impedance from the factory. There's a bunch of old school information about 2.2 on TB if you Google it.

I been trying to read up on it but I?m not having good luck
Do you have any links

WHat boxy box? THe resistor pack? Get one from any real stock turbo volvo 740, yeah where at the real volvo turbo race parts come from. Ha. Anyway also you could make your AMM air hole size bigger to match bigger injectors. I went with 550cc injectors and put my AMM in a three inch tube. Actually a pvc 3 inch drain pipe. I cut the important stuff out of the stock amm and then cut a hole in the 3 inch tube and then epoxied the guts into the tube. THis takes care of your bigger injectors needed and makes it work better as the AMM size will them match the injector size. THat is critical if you can't adjust the injector constant in the fuel bin.

3inchAMM1.jpg

3inchAMM2.jpg

3inchAMM3.jpg

740seUpgrades5.jpg

seans3.jpg

volvotrophy.jpg

Last edited:
Back