• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Project Battle Wagon!

I like that this car is only used for drifting, and there rear isn't super low, everything seems to be function over form, and yet people aren't writing as much praise as you should be getting compared with other cars on here that are the other way around!

In my experience you can gain a lot of traction by lowering the rear.(to a point) He might have it up higher to reduce traction. Ride height is responsible for altering many handling characteristics not just looks.

Also its cause he knows what hes doing. Successful track wagon, doesn't = huge build thread. Tons of parts pictures, trouble shooting, and bench racing, makes large, hard to sift through threads.

trying to finish the video of the 2012 season real quick....teaser?

72109_10151241266243567_1145058918_n.jpg

Thanks for all the positive feedback :D

Jerd is right...the rake the car has causes oversteer. I have used it to dial out grip issues but really I'm trying to eliminate the rake or even go to a reverse rake for grip purposes. When I compete I am normally one of the slower cars so I'm trying to dial in as much grip as possible. The thought didn't cross my mind that i swapped over to 10" spring in the rear last year. Put 8" springs back in the rear and it eliminated more of the rake. I have taller springs for the front I'll put back in....but with 17s on the rear i should have 1/2" of reverse rake.

The thread isn't that big because I don't post as much. I do lots of reading about setups and lots of trial and errors. One I have things half way figured out I would like to start another thread to help people wanted to drift their volvos....just not there yet. I also need to change teh title so people know it's a drift car.

The bumpers....uhhh....I ran into a guard rail doing thirty at texas motor speedway. Bent the rear bumper ripped teh bumper/broke brackets and broke on of teh side brackets on the front bumper. Hopefully fixing this winter.

I <3 the black smoke guys!

Last edited:
I really like your car man. I think you will enjoy the characteristics of dropping the back down. My DD is pretty much a stock wagon with the ass end 3/4" lower than the front. Offroad and in the rain its a blast. It practically pivots on the front tires. Very controlled feeling even in loose gravel at speeds.

And a lower cg never hurts! lol

EDIT: Watched video, awesome. Almost makes me want to try drifting with my trash once its running. Good stuff man!

Thank you sir! I've dropped the rear 1.5" and loving the added grip. Need to bring the front up so i can run more caster and the help with the rake. Hoping for 1-2" of negative rake to play with. By far the biggest grip think i did was lower the rear and swap to a small rear sway bar (thanks Rob)....I can hold the car full throttle in a transition now!

I also had a seasoned drifter say my car has crazy amount of forward bight when I straighten a bit (I like to throw as much angle as possible) thanks to BNE suspension! I can feather the throttle, kill some angle and keep up with cars that used to leave me in the dust! Car is finally coming together!

You should try drifting sometime....it's fun....and extremely addicting once you start to tandem!

Love this thread. Love the video. Makes me want to get into drifting.

I'm running an explorer 8.8 rearend. Was running the welded stock diff but swapped in a mini spool for next season.

Pics are fine. I appreciate them taking the time out and shoot the events. Try to buy photos when I can to show appreciation.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful. I admire your appreciation of your local photogs and I wish people around here would support us.

Sorry misunderstood you ;)

Hell anyone that wants to sit around all day taking pics of some broke ass drifters deserves appreciation :)

Jesch!

So installed BNE spherical axle bearings.....rear grip city. Had to dial out the grip....couldn't dial enough out. When it was dry i was having to use the e brake and clutch kick the car like crazy to keep it side ways. Part way through the day the car started puking oil out the oil breather, not wanting to rev and trying to overheat. I noticed a loss of power....but didn't notice how bad it was until my buddy with a stock ka 240sx pulled my by about 1.5 car lengths on the straight. 0.o

Best thing was for me to try and keep it in second and just bounce off the rev limiter to keep it spinning. I have no idea where i qualified....I went against my first opponent (sr swapped 240). On the first run he pulled my bad on the straight and i never could catch up....half way through our run it started pouring down rain. The called an hour brake for the storm. It rained...and rained...and hailed. We drove the course after the rain let up to get rid of the massive puddles that were on the course now. others were shifting into higher gears staying in the low rpms. I took it easy at first but noticed how much grip i had even in the rain. I kept pushing more and more and notice I could go full throttle through most of the course even in the rain. The end of the course I could literally hold the throttle with the car full lock and just go straight....it was nuts.

Because of the down pour on our first run we would have a redo. They told us to leave about 5 car length between each other because of the rain. I knew i was much slower then him so i left about three on the straight and clutch kicked into the first sweeper....half way through the first sweeper i was charging for him fast. I had to straighten and stop drifting to avoid hitting him. On my lead run I went at it full throttle had a good line hit the clipping points well and putt distance on him....but couldn't make up for straightening on the first run.

People that I've drove with before were saying the car has really come together and was smooth all day. I was confused because I felt like i was correcting all day trying to make the car work with the engine issues.

I have another motor that i'm dropping in as soon as i get a clutch in. It's bigger, better, lighter. Next comp is in a month i need to hustle!!

Back