• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

T5 to T5 adapter (whiteblock engine to Ford 5 speed)

Mueller

This is for the 255 Baby/Guitar Hauler

Doug sent me a chunk of aluminum that needed some work:

Center hole too small for the bearing retainer.........
No tapped holes for the Ford T5 transmission to bolt to the adapter.......
A large square with no outer profile like I made it, basicly a 15"x15x1" plate....

It did have the step machined into it for the bell housing which was nice.

If I have time I might make another one to use for bartering or trade if Doug thinks .75 thick plate would work and if he is okay with me doing so since it is his design more or less (?)(my outside profile and I fixed the DXF sent to me since it had a few bad dimensions)

I believe Roger-Dee will have these plates to officially sell thru his website in the future. I have no desire to go into production, I don't mind making a few here and there but I don't see that happening if Roger starts to sell them.

Attachments

• IMG_2910.JPG
    IMG_2910.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 1,775
  • IMG_2913.JPG
    IMG_2913.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 1,761
  • IMG_2914.JPG
    IMG_2914.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 1,755
  • IMG_2915.JPG
    IMG_2915.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 1,987
  • IMG_2916.JPG
    IMG_2916.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 1,759
Thank you Mike that came out EXCEPTIONAL! Honestly, I drew it with just a simple shape, you went above and beyond making it look professional.

BTW I owe thanks to Chris (Poi) and the Buchka's as well. Chris had the cad drawing of the bellhousing side, found the T5 side online and Alex basically gave me the info.

I actually think this one might be easier than the Redblock T5 adapter.

BTW Mike you're free to do what you want with it. It's as much "my" design as what I was able to put together from various parties anyways.

Looks like a sweet piece, and helps make the whiteblock swaps a bit more attainable and affordable.

Here's the truth. Honestly, I don't think the swap is really that bad. The tricky part is the oil pan but it's not really hard to find as much as labor intensive.

There are multiple ECU options now.

Multiple motor mount options (I'm doing the LMR ones but I also have Jacob's on hand too).

You can use a factory exhaust manifold and intake but there are options there too.

The T5 adapter opens up transmission options. Clutch is pretty straight forward, just going to use a tilton hydra setup.

I actually think in some regards there is less tomfoolery than doing a 16vT conversion. A lot of credit goes where it's do, the Buchka's and Jacob really moved the ball forward here. When I was considering this years ago (when the part hoarding started last time) it was much more uncharted waters and the options were limited.

attachment.php

:-D

amazing job.

so clean

I have the cad for the T56 if there is any interest in that tranny

Doug kindly sent me the drawing for these over a month ago, interest will dictate how fast a run will happen. They sure do look nice!

I was in the talk with Lawrence for the T56 adapter but I don't see it happening anymore. I'd love to add that to my product line to, from T5 to Gm to T56, I could supply them all :p

Back