• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Whiteblock in a 240 ver. 2 - Probably very little of what you'd like to know

Jesus that looks oem. Keep us posted, the rate my build is going you might be selling them by the time I actually need it :)

This is my lack of knowledge speaking, and I apologize ahead of time, but.. How does this coversion work at all, seeing as the 850's are FWD? So how does mounting the tranny and drivetrain match up?..

Thanks for your patience!

Last edited:
This is my lack of knowledge speaking, and I apologize ahead of time, but.. How does this coversion work at all, seeing as the 850's are FWD? So how does mounting the tranny and drivetrain match up?..

Thanks for your patience!

Turn motor 90? and use a RWD transmission.

Not a bolt in procedure.

what about the other driveshaft slot then?

You don't use the FWD transmission.....

it'll look like the picture...more or less

images

OK, Yes, the picture did all the justice, I am a complete idiot -_-

sorry...

I just quite forgot that the transmission was a different part, I had a total brain shut down I guess...

f20fwd.jpg

Last edited:
With the help of a couple of other tbrickers I'm making slow progress on my own version of a coil on plug conversion board. I'll update this thread as soon as I have something to report on.

Here's a picture of the prototype I made a few weeks ago:

photo%25201.JPG

What happened to this?

Mounting it straight up with a 960 oil pan, power steering rack, and unmodified fire wall is questionable. It's absolutely possible and doesn't present any issues except for the fact that the motor ends up very far forward. Far enough to where your fist would easily fit between the back of the head and the fire wall. Now that I think about it, the distro might actually still fit if you go this route. Personally it's way too far forward for my taste.

I say either keep it tilted and bolt on the 960 stuff or hack up the firewall and make everything from scratch like karl and I are doing.

hacking the fire wall is going to be the best look I think.

Regarding ignition and keys, How have people tackled starting and imobilisers?
My first assumption was to keep the 240's keys and all, but im not sure if its that simple

The parts car I have (1998 C70) only came with 1 key and 1 FOB which is hardly Ideal

There's a tone ring that sits on the circumference of the ignition tumbler.

Translation:

There's a ring that sits on the ignition tumbler that reads a code from the ignition key. You can't adapt this to a 240, unfortunately.

So 1998 and newer you'll need to use a custom EMS.

Back