• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

WTF going on with this engine?

any damage to the seal surfaces on the block deck and head? Once hot combustion pressure pushes thru the gap it wil start working as a cutting torch...

any damage to the seal surfaces on the block deck and head? Once hot combustion pressure pushes thru the gap it wil start working as a cutting torch...

This. It took less than 6 miles limping to my shop under light throttle to cut a small pencil eraser diameter divot in between 1 and 2 on my 940 Turbo. I had just filled up with gas and about 2 miles down the highway started hearing a very faint rattling sound. I thought it was the parts I had sitting on the passenger floor bumping into each other No dice. I then knew what was happening. By the time I got to my shop it was audibly knocking. After I shut it off it would barely start. I ended up putting another head I had on it. It would have required a weld and clean up milling of .006", or milling at least .040" off that head to remove the divot.

Back