• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

G80 swap in a 245 axle question

Prime240

240 addict
Greetings turbobricks
240 G80 swap question
I was reading that when doing this, one of the axles needs to be shortened. My 92 245 was swapped with a G80 and I know for a fact this peocedure was not done.
Is it a disaster in the waiting? What could possibly go wrong?
Thank you for your time.

Thank you for the replies so far.
So there is a possibility that my car being a 92 they did not need to shorten the axle.
The reason of my questioning is mostly that for the past year or so the diff has been making some noise under load, especially on deceleration. A loud rumble that none of my other 240 have
Diff fluidd was changed, any leaks were stopped, I am trying to see any possibilities as everything that I tried so far has not reduced the noise.

I swapped one into my '93's rear axle and did not need to shorten anything. As mentioned, late model 240's were ready for the possibility of a dealer installed G80 from new, no chopping required. Not sure when that first happened, though.

I swapped one into my '93's rear axle and did not need to shorten anything. As mentioned, late model 240's were ready for the possibility of a dealer installed G80 from new, no chopping required. Not sure when that first happened, though.

1992 244 ch #462409- and 245 ch #916744- have the shorter axles.

Back