• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Alternatives for Volvo 740/940 top mounts

Sjeng

Ever since I changed to coilovers, I noticed how bad the stock top mounts are.

They move a lot and even are noisy. I can't tighten them any more than I already have.

Are there any decent alternatives available?

Many thanks

I'm running the Gsellstr recommended BNE "economy" top hats; I think they are priced in the low $200 range for a set. I've put less than a 100 miles on them thus far (car been at paint shop for nearly 2 months) but with the Koni Sports, no noises. I'm guessing Mr. Kaplhenke will chime in here with his normal sales pitch........

https://www.bneshop.com/collections...cts/700-900-spherical-adjustable-strut-mounts

Never buy another top mount ever again. The 240 ones are worth their weight in gold.

Yup, I'm running these on the daily as well, somewhere around 8k or so on them, TME springs, Koni SA's, been really happy with them.

I have developed a little clunk up front, haven't had time to track it down to see if it's related to the mounts or if it's something else though. It's only on turns, could be end links based on the noise (also heim's).

Back