• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

(Not*) Mediocre 242

I really don't think it'll be done by IPD. I'm still waiting on a couple things for the engine. Plus I don't want to road trip on an engine I'm breaking in. Constant rpm can't be good for ring seating.

I'm still going though.

Still working on painting the engine bay, and still waiting for some parts to finish the engine.

kId5WPml.jpg

I took the struts off to improve a weld a bit and found I need new strut inserts. Any recommendations? I don't think I want Bilstein HDs again.

gicIzcul.jpg

Last edited:
That's what I'm thinking I'll do now. I really want some JRZs but not sure if I can justify it.

Absolutely worth every penny if you can get over the price. Understandably steep and the Mrs might not be too happy if/when she finds out though... ha.

Gaz are great too, the price for a pair of those is probably easier to accept, haha.

I got one of the last parts I need to finish up the engine. I had an old RSI square tooth adjustable cam gear. When I pulled the timing belt, I found the belt had worn away at the gear so I figured I'd upgrade to a round tooth belt. I didn't want to buy a whole new gear, so I talked to the Beckers at STS machining and they sold me the outer ring only. It's a perfect fit. You can swap inner hubs and outer rings between the STS gear and the RSI gear.

a7kZUo5l.jpg

kExKi19l.jpg

f6cSvq7l.jpg

Paint and clear are on. There is some dust in the paint and some runs. Hopefully I'll be able to sand and smooth them out. It's about the best we could do in my small dusty, dog hair filled garage.

uMWWRyOl.jpg

Back