• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Restarting a car after 4 years

Sine Qua Non

American Psycho
Found a 1982 245 for cheap but it has been sitting outside for years. I know that it ran when parked. Owner stopped driving it because her husband bought her a new car back then.

So it will need

Fresh gas
New plugs
New tires
New battery
Oil change

Anything else?

Bleed brakes maybe?

If possible I would drop the tank and remove the sending unit to see inside the tank. Don't do tires and bakes until you get it running.

DO NOT just add gas and crank it. Rusty tank gas will destroy both pumps, fuel distributor, control pressure regulator and injectors in only a couple minutes. Rust in the gas will blow right through the filter and find a new home down stream from there.

PB101370.jpg

That is the last couple gallons of gas from a rusty tank.

I'm interested in this thread also as I've been looking at 84 242 Turbo for a while, but it hasn't started in probably 8 years. It probably needs to have the tank dropped, fuel lines inspected/replaced, cap, rotor, plugs, oil change, and more that I'm not familiar with since I haven't had the pleasure of dealing with Kjet.

Unhook gas line before the main pump then jumper relay so it pumps out all the old fuel, rehook up line and put in new gas. In tank pump should pump out all the old gas before it gets to main pump.

Back