• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

700/900 Coilover kit DOES EXIST! At a fair price.

Bilstein quality.

bilsteinbroke1.jpg

Tein quality.

tein1.jpg

Koni quality.

koniredbroke1.jpg

Damn, what can this possibly mean.:roll:

Also, not that I'm an economics expert, but I'd imagine that the more money we give to Ben for his well researched and developed products, the more money Ben will have to reinvest into researching and developing new products! So, the larger his market share, the more he can put out there!

Im all for supporting the volvo community. however ive not known "ben's coilovers" untill now, he doesnt come up in any of the searching for 7 and 9 series suspension upgrades ive researched in the past.

Bens kit is gunna be a minimum of $1140 to match the hardware you get with the bcs. As they have camber plates too.

Also bens kits don't come with shocks either do they? So in the grand scheme of things these are a great deal cheaper than bens if you were to buy coilover kit, shocks and camber plates.

Or am I missing something?

It seams most ppls complaints is the lack of support to the home brew community by buying from a growing company who's product is made outside the USA. Ben's kit is slightly more expensive cuz ben himself has put alot of man hours into it im sure. The BC kit can be cheaper cuz they custom machine each kit out of stock tube they have lieing around once the order is placed.

You are missing the modification process to get the BCs to work.
NOT a bolt in solution. Ben's is a bolt in solution.

Plus. I have no Idea where BC is getting their shocks and springs from.
Who knows what kind of quality is put into the shocks/struts.

OP, Does BC give you a copy of the Dyno from what your order? Would be nice to see it.

Modification process is to weld the front coilover in replacement of the stock strut tube, welding can be a PIA or expensive if you yourself cant do it.

By dyno sheet do you mean spec of springs KG's and the valveing of the dampers? or what do you mean?

Last edited:
Im all for supporting the volvo community. however ive not known "ben's coilovers" untill now, he doesnt come up in any of the searching for 7 and 9 series suspension upgrades ive researched in the past.

It seams most ppls complaints is the lack of support to the home brew community by buying from a growing company who's product is made outside the USA. Ben's kit is slightly more expensive cuz ben himself has put alot of man hours into it im sure. The BC kit can be cheaper cuz they custom machine each kit out of stock tube they have lieing around once the order is placed.

Modification process is to weld the front coilover in replacement of the stock strut tube, welding can be a PIA or expensive if you yourself cant do it.

By dyno sheet do you mean spec of springs KG's and the valveing of the dampers? or what do you mean?

I just realized that the "Ben" everyone keeps referancing is http://www.kaplhenke.com/collections/700-900-volvo-parts

Am i right?

I already support ben, i have, and will continue to purchase more parts from ben. But im all about getting the most bang for my buck.

When i think "Coilover" I dont think *Bilstein's inside. They make a nice looking product, but when i seen the front kit i wanted at 1,700 bucks to get the front as adjustable as i had hoped, i started digging deeper for a cheaper solution.

My solution, was to be possibly the first TurboBricks user to try the 7 and 9 series coilover kit by BC, Now that ive got them on the car, and ive got it close to adjusted as i like it, ill take more pics, and post the good, and the bad feedback i have about it.

I am not biased, there are some things about this kit i dont like.

I hope to see less crap talk of unknown company's, untill this BC kit blows a seal or breaks in half, i will continue to believe that this has been good money spent for what i intend to do with it, which is build a Drift car to one day compete in Formula D Pro M.

I am all for bang for our buck also, but I was commenting on bolt in solutions. BCs are not.

I set my car up so it was perfect the first time. The preload on the spring is what I wanted, the ride height is what I wanted, and the shocks are in the middle of the range. There should be no reason to adjust anything after that.

The dyno for the custom struts/shocks valving... unless you didn't specify any custom numbers when ordered. If you did and they did send a copy of dyno plots, that would be nice to see what the valving is doing. Or if you know who supplies them with shocks/struts. They could probably have them made by someone else. That is my biggest problem with aftermarket stuff. I know that if I go bilsteins, or konis, I get atleast 100,00miles on them.

I usually follow this: http://farnorthracing.com/autocross_secrets18.html

I have some teins on my evo 9 and really do not like them. Already feel like they are wearing out and they have like 30,000miles on them.

The GAZ coilovers and dampers I do all come with dyno printouts. I still have the very first pair of dampers that I had made to test before selling them. They have no done over 100,000 miles. They do look a bit crappy after the 8years they have been on and the all your round use including the huge amount of slat put on our roads. Even with all of that they are still working as good as the day they were fitted. That same car had blown a couple of sets of bilsteins and a set of spax dampers.

Cant help on the quality of the BC stuff as I've no first hand of them

Hi Classic Swede.

So your Gaz front coilover strut is it a complete unit ready to be fitted ?
Can i use a camber plate with them ?

What can i then do with the rear i currently have lowering springs 30 or 40mm and adjustable dampers bilsteins i think it was about 5 years ago when i fitted them but i havent done hardly any miles on them so there still good. Will my current damper be ok with cutting 1 or 2 coils of the rear spring ?

Yes complete unit ready to fit. Idealy you want to use them with a camber plate.

Rear end will depend on how long the springs are to how much you can trim them down. You need to make sure once cut that the springs stay located, normally you can get away with a couple of coils. f you want to go more you will need to make some kind of clamp to hold them into the bottom arm

OK brilliant.

Rear end not sure of current length but i am currently using cable ties :roll: to keep them in at the minute because i was sick of guiding them in every time i jacked the car up. How does your spring perch thing work do you need certain springs to use with them or will my springs work ?

Any recommendations on where to get camber plates ?

you need to change the rear springs to work with the adjustable perches. Are you happy with the stiffness of what you have? You could just go with the 50 or 70mm rear springs and either clamp them or use a short damper.

Camber plates I should have a basic version available in a couple of weeks or you could go with the nice fancy ones Ben makes

Yes pretty happy with stiffness.

Do you sell shorter rear shocks swell I couldn't see them.

Will your camber plate also allow caster adjustment ?

I'm in no rush so would be interested in seeing what you do.

Appreciate your help.

Personally, I can't help but think of all the people here (and elsewhere) wanting high-dollar suspension parts, while buying cheap-ass tires. I've seen way more of this than I can possibly explain.

Personally, I can't help but think of all the people here (and elsewhere) wanting high-dollar suspension parts, while buying cheap-ass tires. I've seen way more of this than I can possibly explain.

because tires are a wear item and suspension components, by comparison, are not.

My coilovers in my VW can and actually have outlasted my tires.

You'll also probably notice that people who don't actually race their car typically only get fancy suspension stuff to show off, and run one set of daily driver tires.

whereas the guys who go racin' usually have multiple sets of wheels and tires and swap them out as needed. No sense in running your fancy expensive 140 treadwear tires on the street, nor is there sense running your all seasons on the track.

Back