• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The 2018 East vs West Competition.

It's intimidating to get into drag racing near me. The one time I ran a car, I caught a lot of grief because I was a noob. There's no instructions, lol, and I didn't grow up around cars. Burnouts in the water line, getting right on the sensors for the tree, trying to get a good launch with a clutch/launch control, etc. are new to me and weren't natural. People there expect you to be a pro, even when it's not busy. Obviously I didn't even try and run later in the evening when the faster cars started coming out. And, to top it all off, that is an eighth mile track. The closest quarter mile track is an hour and a half away or so. I've never been to it, but I'm sure it's equally as stressful.

watch some youtube videos on it and calm down. who cares what the other folks think, worry about you and you only.

there was supposed to be an "if" in there. 1031 ain't that weak, let it eat with good tires

I've been wanting a good opportunity to give Mr. T8 a friendly ribbing without it being misconstrued... So here's hoping he gets some slicks and a chance to get down to sea level to give me some (8v) competition. ;-)

I've been wanting a good opportunity to give Mr. T8 a friendly ribbing without it being misconstrued... So here's hoping he gets some slicks and a chance to get down to sea level to give me some (8v) competition. ;-)

Oh I'm well aware my time slips (and driving) deserve plenty of ribbing.

For those monitoring the 2018 thread. I built the 2019 edition. Feel free to subscribe and jump in over there.

https://forums.tbforums.com/showthread.php?p=5900454#post5900454

I declared the winners in the first post there.
1. The west still has the best turnout with Volvo powered cars.
2. The east has their game together with engine swaps.

Great work everyone. It's cool to see all the cars performance in one place.

Have Kyle race your car. If anybody can get it into the 11s with street tires it's him.
Pff, I'm no pro! But I'd love to try... :oogle:

I haven't drag raced in a couple years. Maybe I should do it with the "new" car.

Back