• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Davis 2018 - April 28-29!

Harald will complain about something. That's the news.

Not planning the karting bit since ya'll are a bunch of flakes and I can't handle being stuck with that bill. Karting will be running at the same location, doubtful as a group but the place will be open if you want to coordinate and show up en masse.

harald will complain about something. That's the news.

Not planning the karting bit since ya'll are a bunch of flakes and i can't handle being stuck with that bill. Karting will be running at the same location, doubtful as a group but the place will be open if you want to coordinate and show up en masse.

in my defense, i never had interest in karting the times i was down there...only getting drunk in the parking lot of motel dix

I'm ready...

49F50487-D955-4AFE-8E29-95891421B378-M.jpg

:run:

April 28-29, 2018: 19th Annual Davis Meet Weekend (SacVCOA & GGVCOA)

Davis 2017 got the ball rolling a full year ahead of time. Gary has not confirmed the date, but the club released it on Facebook so ha! 4/28-4/29 .

Hi Harlard,

Thanks for sharing the event information!
(Please feel free to cross post any details that have been posted to the websites / social media as they have been confirmed.)

For ease of reference, here is the link to the 2018 Davis Meet Weekend Event on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1980336568907780/

---

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are well!

Lots of good news to report!

2018 Davis Meet Weekend:
A. Date Set
B. Website Updated
C. Sponsors and Volunteers Needed

---

A. 2018 Davis Meet Weekend- Date Set:

The 2018 Davis Meet Weekend date has been set!

Mark your calendars for:
Saturday, April 28, 2018 - Sunday, April 29, 2018

Saturday will be A-La-Carte Events.

Sunday is the Davis Car Show & Swap Meet.

---

B. 2018 Davis Meet Weekend- Website Updated:

The Davis Meet Weekend website has been updated with 2018 event information!

Check it out:
http://davis.sacvolvoclub.org/

Please note that event details are still being coordinated and confirmed.

When details are released, announcements will be posted to the websites, mailing list, and social media pages.

---

C. 2018 Davis Meet Weekend- Sponsors and Volunteers Needed:

The success of the show depends on the time, talent, and contributions of our sponsors and volunteers!

If you are able to contribute and/or interested in joining the team (or know anyone that is), please let us know!

Details posted on the Davis Meet Weekend Website:
http://davis.sacvolvoclub.org/

---

davis_10.jpg

Take care,
volvie!

Looking forward to it again. Last year was a bit problematic as there wasn't much in the way of addresses to help out the new-to-area types. I got left at a red light after the fast cruise, and was looking forward to karting and the rest, but to no avail.:-(

Looking forward to it again. Last year was a bit problematic as there wasn't much in the way of addresses to help out the new-to-area types. I got left at a red light after the fast cruise, and was looking forward to karting and the rest, but to no avail.:-(

Hi benski,

Thanks for your feedback-- I'm sorry to hear you had problems finding your way around town last year!

Obviously, we want you to have a better experience this year!

If you have any thoughts, suggestions, or ideas on ways we can improve this, please let me know via PM or the Davis Contact Us Form so I can pass it along to the Davis Planning Committee for consideration:
http://davis.sacvolvoclub.org/contact-us

Last year, we posted event addresses and event / driving route Google Maps on the Davis Meet Weekend event website (on the Saturday & Sunday Details pages), in the hopes it would be mobile friendly (i.e., accessible on mobile phones during the event).

In hindsight, we should have advertised the maps more in our event communications as we learned during the event that no one downloaded the maps to their phones and many reported cell phone reception issues during the event when trying to access the maps.

This year, we are looking to convert the maps to a PDF format so you can download and/or print a copy for the event(s) in addition to posting the addresses and event / driving route Google Maps on the event details pages.

Hope that helps.

Take care,
volvie!

Awesome news indeed about Alden!

Sorry guys, didn't post up first thing this morning, had actual car stuff to do today, just now getting to the computer.

Yup, the date is official now, had to wait for some paperwork to get finalized.

We're still hammering out some details on Saturday, but I will have maps available at the start of the drive, we'll have maps for both routes up on the website, and I'll include addresses for each stop.

Back