• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Electric Fan Conversion

Does anyone have a part number for the 77/82 switch from Autozone/Advance/Oreillys/Napa? I have found them through online stores, but if I can get the switch from one of the local parts stores I get the warranty through them and it's much easier to walk into the store and switch it out if it does go bad.

I see the Napa part number for the 77/87 posted above, but that is a little higher of an opening temp than I would like.

Thank you

For those people who are looking for part numbers for the thermo switch to fit the Saab T

Napa Part #'s

FS150 92?C/87?C
FS193 82?C/68?C
FS194 87?C/77?C

All of these are 2 prong switches with M22 thread

These were from NAPA and I have not been able to source a 82/77 from them. I will look again to see what they have listed.

Yeah, I got on Napa's sight as well and saw those same ones. Went to their catalog and couldn't find an 82/77 in there either. I think that I found one via Advance: Beck Arnley 201-1545. I am going to run by there today and see if they have one to check out. Autozone and Oreilly have a ton of different listings for the 87/92 but haven't been able to find the 77/82 yet. If/when I or someone else find one at a local parts stores, we should update the OP with all of the numbers.

If I remember right when I did the conversion I just went into the local NAPA and told them what I was looking for and the temp ranges and that's where I got these P/N's. I might just call them to see if they do have a listing for the 82/77 if so I will post that up.

Autozone and Advance were both a bust. I had them looking up sensors for late 80's audi's and saabs but we couldn't find the 82/77. They had no idea how to search by temperature range...

Took all of 20 minutes to put the e-fan on and wire it up with the Saab T and a sensor from FCP.
Which part #s and did you put it in the upper hose? How steady are your temps and what thermostat do you have in the car?

Put it in the lower hose and temps are stable, they match what the sensor says 92/87 (Wahler 201-0809). I originally tried the Wahler 82395948182 (82/77 IIRC) and it was too cool in my opinion.

Can't remember exactly what thermostat is in there due to it being years since it has been replaced. If I had to guess based on what I see in Tunerstudio when the temp climbs and then drops when it opens, I would say it is the 87 in there.

Last edited:
If you have a radiator with the thread-in sensor, you could use one of these:

10283131_wel_sw650_pri_larg.jpg

Since it's two-post, you could use it with the factory 850 fan and dual speed relay...low speed comes on at 189*F, high speed comes on at 198*F.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/wells-vehicle-electronics-cooling-fan-switch-sw650/10283131-P#

Why would you want a low speed fan on below 189*F/87*C?

Would not. Got the Saab t and 82/77 in tHe lower hose and it work good with the stock thermostat. Lower hose has coolest antifreeze going back to motor. Now I want to change locations of switch to radiator and don't want to waste money getting the wrong switch.the ac has now worked in years but will this year. I use the. Low speed only and that has been fine but I'm not taking advantage of the 2 speed Volvo fan. Still plan to wire the high speed to come on with the ac.

Back