• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

IPD Garage Sale, May 19, 2018

Sweet. I plan on being at the Leavenworth and the hood. I better make the hood meet. My car looks
Like it should come from the hood. You will catch that once you see it.

6/10 Old School Reunion
6/16 Leavenworth Drive
6/30 Volvo's in the Hood
7/15 Stancewars
8/4 Maryhill hill climb
8/26 Pebble Beach
9/9 Griot's Cruise In

More or less...

:lol:

Nice! Getting a 14" pusher fan installed on the Wife's car for her AC condenser to improve low speed/traffic performance. Best part is, I did not do it the typical TBer's-style and run it off of the 12V lead from the compressor. What I did do was get an adjustable temperature fan controller, wire the 12V acc to power the relay off of the AC freeze-stat(so the fan only functions when the AC is on) and then wire the rest up to power off of the junction block under the hood with good ground and set the controller to cycle the fan when the condenser temps reach 100*. Pictures to follow...

6/10 Old School Reunion
6/16 Leavenworth Drive
6/30 Volvo's in the Hood
7/15 Stancewars
8/4 Maryhill hill climb
8/26 Pebble Beach
9/30 Griot's Cruise In

More or less...

:lol:

6/2 12th Annual Swedish & American Car Cruise-in at the Swedish Club, Seattle, WA (pre-1989 cars)
6/24 Skandia Mid-Sommarfest, St. Edwards Park, Kenmore, WA
8/4 Whidbey Area Volvo Event - vintage Volvo cruise along Whidbey Island - not sure how old a Volvo is necessary
9/9 Edmonds Car Show
9/30 Swedish Car Cruise-In at Griot's Garage
10/7 PSVSA Fall Show 'n Shine & tailgate parts swap meet, Juanita Beach Park, Kirkland, WA.

http://www.psvsa.org/files/CurrentEventSchedule.pdf

-J

It's a bit of a drive for those in Oregon, but, if you guys can make it to some of the meets I listed above, it'd probably help show that there's still some viability to having a VCOA chapter for the PacNW.

-J

I’m going hard on making it to some of these. Respraying tomorrow night. Still have to fix the flat hood that people decided to use as a trampoline. Which brings me to my next point and a question:
Anyone have a. I’ve flat hood or any idea on where to get a repop? If not I will paint what I have as close to being flat and waveless as possible.

6/2 12th Annual Swedish & American Car Cruise-in at the Swedish Club, Seattle, WA (pre-1989 cars)
6/24 Skandia Mid-Sommarfest, St. Edwards Park, Kenmore, WA
8/4 Whidbey Area Volvo Event - vintage Volvo cruise along Whidbey Island - not sure how old a Volvo is necessary
9/9 Edmonds Car Show
9/30 Swedish Car Cruise-In at Griot's Garage
10/7 PSVSA Fall Show 'n Shine & tailgate parts swap meet, Juanita Beach Park, Kirkland, WA.

http://www.psvsa.org/files/CurrentEventSchedule.pdf

-J

Thanks for fleshing this out, John. IIRC, they want Volvos at least 25 years old for the Whidbey meet. If I find more info I'll update this.:)

I’m going hard on making it to some of these. Respraying tomorrow night. Still have to fix the flat hood that people decided to use as a trampoline. Which brings me to my next point and a question:
Anyone have a. I’ve flat hood or any idea on where to get a repop? If not I will paint what I have as close to being flat and waveless as possible.

240 Flathood $250

01414_hiltn2pi5tJ_1200x900.jpg

Ken, do you have a close idea on a cost to ship that to Olympia WA? Think it will be less than $200?

^Check Rainbow Auto Service in Bellingham... Should be a bit cheaper, even with the $3.599 gas.

In any case, there is a chance that I might be showing up in a Frod Exploder. Depends on how things check out on the 245 in the morning. It ran fine today, but I did see some wetness under the car at the grocery store this afternoon, and wasn't sure if it was from me or the person who parked there before me. I didn't see anything under it when I got home, so, who knows.

Back