• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Turbo BOV question and Water Line for Turbo

xDread92x

1990 240 pursuing plus t

1. If a turbo has had the internal bov removed then would that mean I need to install a bov externally?

Also the wastegate doesn’t come with the turbo. This is okay because I have to reclock the turbo anyway with a bracket fab’d for the wastegate to fit properly. I can buy one for it.

2. For the turbo lines I have it decently understood. I understand the oil feed and return.
The coolant/water line for the 16t I can’t find much info on. What is the setup??

Thanks

Last edited:
Ok thanks sounds good.

And can anyone help with number 1??

If the internal
Bov on the 16t is removed, what will I need to do? Add a bov on the IC line?

Thanks

Ok thanks sounds good.

And can anyone help with number 1??

If the internal
Bov on the 16t is removed, what will I need to do? Add a bov on the IC line?

Thanks

Yes, if the internal bypass valve in the 16T, then it would be wise to run an external bypass valve in its place. Probably easier to fit a new internal than external. I run 17 psi from my 16T all day and it runs the stock CBV.

The owner states he welded over the internal bov. Now I’m thinking I won’t be able to add an internal. I may just have to forget this turbo.

Thoughts?

Also where does the line from the bov on turbo run to?

Thanks

Last edited:
If the wastegate has been welded shut you'll have to run an external wastegate. So you can reclock however you want and not have to worry about a bracket for the internal gate arm.

Wastegate and bov are two different things. Wastegate holes are good and ready for wastegate bolt on.

BOV is welded over, bolt holes and all. So I would have to install and external bov because even with cbv it still wouldn’t run correct, right?

Thanks

Bypass valve is welded over, bolt holes and all. So I would have to install and external bov because even with cbv it still wouldn?t run correct, right?
It will run fine without a CBV or BOV, but the turbo will flutter and "kill the turbo prematurely". I would get a newer unmolested turbo personally but you can run yours with an in-line blow off valve.

You'll need a BOV that recircs
nah

Check out a Bosch recirculating bypass valve like 0 280 142 110. They work well and are relatively cheap.

Post turbo is just silly and at the time it was my DD so I wasn’t going wait for it to “learn around it”. Far easier just to grab a Bosch recirc from a turbo Audi and plumb it in correctly.

Duder or whoever, how would I incorporate this Bosch valve into my set up with turbo situation?

Thanks

Damn yea I see I’m going to have to fab some openings coming off the AMM plumbing and IC plumbing to set up this valve. Where does the small vacuum line go to?

Back