• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Aftermarket WGA

Uncleknucklez

bruspeed
I am looking to ditch my 13C actuator on my 16T turblow. Question is does anyone have experience with these aftermarket WGA units?

Tial, Turbosmart, and Kinugawa all make a universal unit that can be made to work with my application, does anyone have experience with any of these brands?

Links to the pieces:

Tial

Turbosmart

Kinugawa

Seems like I can expect to get any of these units for $140 or less, which works for me. I'm shooting for 16-18 PSI, and would like to be able to have about 14-15 PSI worth of preload.

Last edited:
I have the Kinugawa one. It's pretty simple and seems to work well. The psi rating for the springs doesn't seem super accurate, and I never bothered to figure out why.

It's got a lot more travel than the stock Mitsu one, which I think helps stave off boost creep.

Forge also does some nice stuff, been running theirs on mine for years, CBV and WGA. Fully serviceable like the others, a little more money though. Customer service has been great when I needed internals as well. I'm running just wastegate on mine as well, no MBC, at 20psi.

Currently waiting on a16t compressor housing and wga from kinugawa to finish assembling my turbo. I've heard good things about their wgas, I'll report back once I have it installed.

Back