• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

I was too legit. Too legit to quit.

Until I move over my images from photo-suckit, here's a pic from my trip to Office Max.

93Fjw6Kl.jpg

Between jobs so I had a few days to work on the car. Did head gasket, upper water pump seal, timing belt and tensioner, ball joints, outer tie rods, strut inserts (thanks swedishiron.com!), and all SuperPro poly in the front (thanks Gary!). Car feels great. The family was rolling deep with our Volvos today so I snapped a few pictures.

LG319q2l.jpg

8P3RfLBl.jpg

mi7dfXnl.jpg

Last edited:
Good deal man! While you were doing the front did you install the 960 lower braces? If not, they are quick later, woulda been prime time though.

Car washes all around

KqQ6lcFl.jpg

Car is running great now that I had to go through everything :lol: Still not *quite* as quick as the wagon, but I'm getting there

Gotta get to the track this year, see how it does. See if we can get something coordinated, roll out there in force! Glad it's coming along though, always a good feeling. Finally getting mine a touch more sorted as well.

Thanks Gary. Your wagon is a good role model for what I'd like my engine/trans to look like in the near future.

I stumbled across Modesto's Cars and Coffee/Euro Sunday when I was out getting a Monster this morning

HexEyJjl.jpg

jUxA4hNl.jpg

0ImpQqWl.jpg

PvMri6Wl.jpg

musbz6Kl.jpg

It was fun! I plan on attending in the future

So I hadn't checked cruise control since replacing the diaphragm, but it works great! :lol:

That diaphragm is so goofy and unprotected, the whole setup is definitely an afterthought. It's cool to use sometimes though :cool:

Having caster problems since I replaced all the bushings. Suggestions? The car has seen some heavy potholes in it's life so Dad and I are going to inspect/measure things. I'm being really stubborn and want to DD this car comfortably again like when I first got it for $1200 so I'm going to fix as much and I can handle and make it happen. My ex-wife hates this car and my Daughter loves it so that's just a bonus :lol:

940 IC , A/C, and E-fan are the near future plans, along with the heater core (already bought one).

Picture because threads need them thanks to Photo-suckit:

FsDh1Qbh.jpg

Wheel restoration coming eventually :-P

Last edited:
There's a few different lengths on the radius rods, make sure you've got the right ones. That's really about all there is for caster on these, unless the strut mounts are in the wrong way. You could also throw in the camber plates from Ben, really digging mine big time.

Agreed on that diaphragm!

Hey, wanna run next week or the week after? dunno what your schedule is, bit of a drive up here, wanna get a drag night going, get some Best coast points...

School starts Monday. Let's see what I'm in for and I'll let you know. I'd like to participate this year, it sounds fun! The 740 is definitely quicker than my 242 on K-jet right now :cool:

Car keeps boiling out of the overflow bottle. Time for 940 radiator. Honestly I need to plop a low-mile block into it soon so I'm keeping an eye out at the yards

Hmm, boiling out? Haven't had that issue. Any chance you've got a HG going south or a blocked radiator/weak fan clutch/t-stat?

Mine will boil a little out if I fill to the max when cold, but once it pushes out what it needs for expansion, it stops at that point, usually leaving it a little above the min line when cold.

Maybe it was just the boil-out you're talking about because I just did a HG and over-filled it a little. I'll clean it up and keep an eye on it, but I still I have my heart set on an engine in the next year :nod:

Ahh, just trying to find a reason for it a bit early?? lol

Got some tips from the last few builds I've done. We should chat over a beer sometime. You going to McKevitt?

Back