• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Newbie Factory Wheel Guide...OMG its huge SORRY! nf56k!!!!!!

I think those focus wheels are ugly. too busy, and the proportions of the angles and stufff are all just kind of hap-hazard.

My new favorite FWD wheels
"Libra" 16x6.5
volvo_drive04.jpg

Not this "Libra" 14x5.5
1359026.jpg

Last edited:
any 18" similar looking to the Columba's would likely have its own name. they've revisited the 5 blade propeller theme a number of times, including the 16" Hydras on my 745T...

What's really goofy is that columbia and perfo are almost exactly the same. They are both 16x6.5 Seems like a waste. Hydra is also 16x6.5 :lol:

People get them mixed up so I thought I'd post a side by side:

850 Turbo "Columbia" 16x6.5
Volvo-Columbia-Rim.jpg

S/V70 "Perfo" 16x6.5
perfo.jpg

Here you go:

S80 "Odysseus" 18x8 $$$$$$$
14938_0.jpg

Last edited:
5Nb5Ha5M43M43F13J8c5sbde2bef7de211c75.jpg

this was the rim in question its listed as a 17" trying to find out if its a columbia that actually came in 17" or if its something else or if the guy has the size off slightly

edit: its a perfo just noticed the way the pattern moves....

yeah, almsot certainly a 16" Perfo. The shape of the cutouts is distinctly more angular. the flat surface is more 'swept'. the indent around the center hole is more conical, less curved.

Anyone know if this wheel would likely be 14'' - I've got a set near me for sale on CL - they are off a 1984 244. What would a good price be? I ask because I'm considering putting them on my 945 but don't know if they would look right, or (if they are 14'') if I feel like buying 14'' tires.

110433_wheel.jpg

Thanks to you both for the info. I will not use them for my car. Guy wants 15 each for them and they look to be in nice shape w/ caps - should I buy and resell anyway, or are these not really in demand?

Derp? I can't read the tone of this post. Forgive me; I'm new here.
Sounds like I should get them, but you're incredulous that they could actually be had.

$15/each for straight steelies with caps is a deal. I likely paid close to double that for my set. They aren't rare though.

Got the Arrakises for my 850, and they came with 225/50 on the S80 they came from. Would 205/40 stretch too much to be safe? Become an issue of tire shops refusing to mount?

I want the height of my stock rim-tire combo (850s really come stock with 205/50-16, but got up to 205/55 because of that bent wheel issue) or lower

Back