• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 5in rear spring perch

roversweed

I?m using the kaplhenke 5in adjustable spring perch mounted to the frame. I was planning on using the stock volvo upper mount in the lower position mounted to the trailing arm but changed my mind, I?m using a full 5in Diane spring. I know some people here found mounts from racing suppliers but am having trouble finding them my self. Any of you guys have a good supplier?

I?m using the kaplhenke 5in adjustable spring perch mounted to the frame. I was planning on using the stock volvo upper mount in the lower position mounted to the trailing arm but changed my mind, I?m using a full 5in Diane spring. I know some people here found mounts from racing suppliers but am having trouble finding them my self. Any of you guys have a good supplier?

Should I start offering another mount to replace the stamped unit? Will people buy them?

Why?

What features do you desire that the factory part does not offer?

I like the factory ones because they work. It's not especially heavy. It's already got the hole so it can be bolted to the trailing arm. It's tapered where the spring slides over so it can withstand some misalignment due to short springs. It's fairly tall so it will capture the spring if it is short. They are plentiful and cheap and easily replaced if found to be rusty or dented. There's a rubber ring that can be used if you like, between the spring & seat.

Alternatives for non-adjustable ones can be heavy. Or without a small bolt hole or easy attachment. Or may be short, so the spring might fall off when you jack up the car. I have a pair of aluminum ones from a stock car...they were cheap, they're lighter than the stock ones, but I've never used them. The lip that centers the spring is only about 1" tall, so I'd want to have long springs that stay seated when the car is jacked up. Or I'd have to limit axle droop and I don't want that.

The stock ones do add some height, so that should be factored in. It's minimal.

Back