• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

700/900 Coilover kit DOES EXIST! At a fair price.

I really don't understand why so many people hate on cheap coilovers without ever having used them. I have a set of ksport coilovers, which get hate from most of the internet for being crap, yet I've had them for 7 years and have put over 60k miles on them. I'd say they were definitely worth the money.

While I don't have any experience with BC, I won't judge them based on "lol made in china they suck" like everyone else. Also, depending on who you buy them through, you can probably buy them for less that what their website lists them for.

I thought the thread was talking about the company? :roll:

My E39 is a 3700 lb car and the BCs have been in there for 2 years and 30,000 + miles and driven on some really ****ty streets and they've held up. Im in the market for a 740 though so I'll let you know how they go on that car, K?

Again you are going on about your BMW. Big difference between an e39 and 700/900.

Yea and the next posts were bashing on the company and those guys don't have these installed on their 700/900s either. I gave my opinion on my experience with products from the same company after the fact. Have I put BC coils on a 700/900? Nope. I do have their coils on another car and basing that personal experience in this thread

We all have opinions. What's wrong with spending the same money to get a proven product from someone who has been supporting this industry for years? We could always send the money to some middleman who has the parts shipped from China.

You have an experience with this company, that's great, but you are missing the big picture.

I posted this thread in hopes that someone could appreciate the information being shared.

Pay $1085
wait 3 weeks
recieve box of loveliness
Install
and then play with the adjustments till the car is balanced.

I get that alot of people dont like product's for their Swedish car being made in Taiwan, so they can drive the car in the USA..

I also get the honor of alot of board members here having spent a mass number of years f*ckin with suspension combinations untill they came up with a DIY or group buy worthy kits, and i respect that.

I just like to share the lil knowledge i have. That knowledge being that i spent 1085 bucks to get my cars suspension to where i wanted it to be, which is fully adjustable, tuned to my likeing, with no issues.

I hope you all can stop the bashing, unless u have numbers and facts for the ZG09 700/900 series kit and actual experience of how the kit feels to drive, if u dont, then i dont wish to hear crap talked of them.

In the mean time, im going to take some pics later today and work on getting them up of the rear and more detailed shots of the front.

Enjoy

I posted this thread in hopes that someone could appreciate the information being shared.

Pay $1085
wait 3 weeks
recieve box of loveliness
Install
and then play with the adjustments till the car is balanced.

I get that alot of people dont like product's for their Swedish car being made in Taiwan, so they can drive the car in the USA..

I also get the honor of alot of board members here having spent a mass number of years f*ckin with suspension combinations untill they came up with a DIY or group buy worthy kits, and i respect that.

I just like to share the lil knowledge i have. That knowledge being that i spent 1085 bucks to get my cars suspension to where i wanted it to be, which is fully adjustable, tuned to my likeing, with no issues.

I hope you all can stop the bashing, unless u have numbers and facts for the ZG09 700/900 series kit and actual experience of how the kit feels to drive, if u dont, then i dont wish to hear crap talked of them.

In the mean time, im going to take some pics later today and work on getting them up of the rear and more detailed shots of the front.

Enjoy

Or for an extra $200 I can support the community instead of some random company looking to make a $ or $$

Edit://Ben's stuff is $740 for front and rear, $1200 for super bitchin' front coilovers.

Naturally everyone is against a worse option that costs more. Also many warmblooded americans prefer to support other warmblooded americans with the same intrests rather than support an asian company who is just in the money making business that happens to be making car parts.

Also, not that I'm an economics expert, but I'd imagine that the more money we give to Ben for his well researched and developed products, the more money Ben will have to reinvest into researching and developing new products! So, the larger his market share, the more he can put out there!

Bens kit is gunna be a minimum of $1140 to match the hardware you get with the bcs. As they have camber plates too.

Also bens kits don't come with shocks either do they? So in the grand scheme of things these are a great deal cheaper than bens if you were to buy coilover kit, shocks and camber plates.

Or am I missing something?

Bens kit is gunna be a minimum of $1140 to match the hardware you get with the bcs. As they have camber plates too.

Also bens kits don't come with shocks either do they? So in the grand scheme of things these are a great deal cheaper than bens if you were to buy coilover kit, shocks and camber plates.

You are missing the modification process to get the BCs to work.
NOT a bolt in solution. Ben's is a bolt in solution.

Plus. I have no Idea where BC is getting their shocks and springs from.
Who knows what kind of quality is put into the shocks/struts.

OP, Does BC give you a copy of the Dyno from what your order? Would be nice to see it.

I don't give a **** if they are Taiwanese, Chinese, or otherwise, I'll stick with a builder who is reputable and i know I can contact if there is an issue.

BC QUALITY

100128-4376cb09c89bbeaefaa7e03588d22d3d.jpg

You're seriously comparing the strut mounts that ship with the BC set to mine? :rofl:

They aren't even the right shape let alone the difference in bearing & material quality.

I'll give you a hint into the quality of those parts... I have sold a number of camber plates to FWD owners who have bought BC / D sport coilovers because the ones that come with them aren't so great.

I never mentioned quality just like for like price, quality being incomparable or otherwise.

You're seriously comparing the strut mounts that ship with the BC set to mine? :rofl:

They aren't even the right shape let alone the difference in bearing & material quality.

I'll give you a hint into the quality of those parts... I have sold a number of camber plates to FWD owners who have bought BC / D sport coilovers because the ones that come with them aren't so great.

Plus their adjusting collars sieze within 6 months, the sway bar brackets break off, and everything oxidizes because their anodizing blows.

I suppose if you lived in a nice warm climate and never raced they would make out OK.

I had a set of D2s on my other car that were 7 years old and the collars were free.

We don't really have to worry about the ARB brackets breaking as they're on the lower arm.

Back