• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

b204ft tuning???

Sorry for the two year necro but I thought best to ask where there is already context.

Is this to stop the TCU from telling the Ecu to cut early when raising using a manual boost control, or am I stupid?

i'm also a bit curious how you control boost with this mod, what you say sound right

hope here on the forum is someone that can explain, i would like to have a few more psi on my b204ft

Normal mode: The TCU has a MAP sensor (Manifold Absolute Pressure) which measures boost. It amplifies this signal and uses it to actuate the Electronic boost controller and thus limits boost to a pre-set value of 0.4 bar.
With the modification, the amplifier is tamed a bit, thus allowing more boost pressure before it reaches the same signal value as normal. The net effect is increased boost by fooling the TCU controller at its input signal. The TCU controller itself and its set point are not changed, just the MAP amplifier circuit.
It is a lot like an electronic version of a Manual boost controller

ah oke, thanks for the info, but how do i set the boost tho were i want it? because when i do the TCU mod, i probably end up with more boost then i need.

Hello!
Does anyone know where to get a Fred chip for a b204ft ?
Or does someone have the bin files since he doesn't sell them anymore ?

Or buy a chip burner (40$) and modify the bins yourself? Remember that off the shelf chips offer a very generic solution that might "work" for you, but results are far from optimal.

I mean, look at your question: You want a chip for "a b204ft".

What turbo, what injectors, what camshafts, what AMM and are you sure this off the shelf chip is able to handle your modifications?

You can easily get lh2.4 to run whatever injectors/AMM combination you throw at it by changing a few simple parameters.
Ignition and main fuel maps are also very easily modified. You just have to invest some time into reading and modifying your tune.

Last edited:
Sorry, too spontaneous, just woke up. Was mentioned before. What wasn‘t mentioned before is that any modification of the B204FT for more HP benefits hugely by throwing in a pair of B234 camshafts. Does wonders with all other mods.

easy peasy

Sorry, too spontaneous, just woke up. Was mentioned before. What wasn?t mentioned before is that any modification of the B204FT for more HP benefits hugely by throwing in a pair of B234 camshafts. Does wonders with all other mods.

Hello, is it a really that simple? Just to put B234 cams to B204ft? I got chips from ipdown, having 1.3 bar. Car drives really well.

Together with. Not just...

Headjob, better in- and outlet manifold, larger turbo, H-beam rods, suited pistons, 3 inch downpipe, 100 cell cat and 3 inch exhaust, stand alone ecu etc. Then a pair of B234 cams does wonders compared to the stock ones.

By the way guys...the TCU mod described >here< has incorrect picture about what resistors should be replaced...the two proper ones are the ones below.
Just found it out while doing mine...
file.php

By the way guys...the TCU mod described >here< has incorrect picture about what resistors should be replaced...the two proper ones are the ones below.
Just found it out while doing mine...
file.php

No way, an 'active' thread about b204's and the last guy to answer is also from Belgium... This must be my lucky day :-P

No way, an 'active' thread about b204's and the last guy to answer is also from Belgium... This must be my lucky day :-P

I was thinking the same thing.
Hello from Holland. I will start modding my 960 B204ft this spring.
Starting with a wasted spark setup from bucka and probably this TCU mod shown above.

suspension is already fixed with Bilstein shocks, lowering springs and IPD swaybars.

hoping we can swap information about this rather rare engine.

Groeten Bram

cool there are more people hassling with b204 turbo engine's!

i have a 740 b204ft. but tuned with a MBC to 1 bar. also changed the chip in ecu . burnt by a guy in finland for 50 euros

but i have a megasquirt setup laying around that was used on a b230ft. probably going to swap that over so i ditch that weird TCU stuff.

cant wait until the spring so i can drive this car again!

cool there are more people hassling with b204 turbo engine's!

i have a 740 b204ft. but tuned with a MBC to 1 bar. also changed the chip in ecu . burnt by a guy in finland for 50 euros

but i have a megasquirt setup laying around that was used on a b230ft. probably going to swap that over so i ditch that weird TCU stuff.

cant wait until the spring so i can drive this car again!

Can I still get these chips from that Finnish guy, and where did you place you're MBC in order to pass the safety of the TCU.

Can I still get these chips from that Finnish guy, and where did you place you're MBC in order to pass the safety of the TCU.

i send you the name of the finnish guy in your personal inbox. i get in contact with him on facebook.

i put the mbc in the place of the stock electric boost controller. just like you put it in a normal turbo car. i dont bother tho much about the tcu. first 3000 km i drove with this setup and it goes like a rocket. but i tink im going to swap in the MS this summer. just to be save.

i put the mbc in the place of the stock electric boost controller. just like you put it in a normal turbo car. i dont bother tho much about the tcu. first 3000 km i drove with this setup and it goes like a rocket. but i tink im going to swap in the MS this summer. just to be save.

So you completely removed the ebc? Or just disconnected the vacuum lines from/to the turbo but kept it connected to the TCU? What about the TCU pressure sensor, if you have higher boost it should be normally sending a fuel cut-off command to the ECU.
Share more details please ;-)

Back