• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Slow revs and acceleration under load

jstblz

1984 242 TIC running k-jet. I've been working through some stuff in the FBK group, but I know everyone isn't a member of it. While in neutral, the motor revs fast and as high as I'd like it to. Under load, it is an absolute dog until about 2k RPM. It pulls harder, but not 100%. This did not exist prior to the rebuild.

Freshly rebuilt motor, idles perfectly and it was set to 12* (set with vac adv. disconnected) per the Bentley bible. Starts up quickly and a new distributor stopped my stalling on slowing/clutch-in issue. There are no intake or vacuum leaks. My exhaust is currently just a 3" dp so no plugged cat. I can run both fuel pumps independently. I tested the injector spray pattern and made sure that they were spraying the same amount.

I'm at a loss at the moment :-(. I think it may be pointing to a lean issue. Thanks for any help!!

What is the AFR's? Did you dial the dwel in for the frequency valve operation since getting the engine back together?
How did you set the mixture at the fuel distributor? And are the fuel pressures within range from CPR and system pressures?

Have no clue on the AFR.
Didn't check dwell.
I didn't mess with the fuel distributor at all.
Didn't check fuel pressure.

Definitely a noob.

OK a good place to start to lean K-Jet. Get a manual for K-Jet or go to Kjet .org

If the engine was tuned for an old tired leaky low compression motor, and you replaced it with a good tight new one just the difference in higher engine vacuum requires the tune to be optimized, esp the K-Jet fuel distributor. You're not finished the re-build yet.

I sprayed every connection with carb cleaner. There was no rise or fall of the idle speed.

Back