• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1980 242 GT. A reasonable project.

I'm out of words about how amazing your style and level of execution are with your projects. :clap:

Interested to see how the hydro setup works for you, those are the same ingredients I have in mind for mine.

That's gonna run right into where I tucked my fuel pressure regulator... always something.

I'll report back with how it all works out. I have a note on the wall above my workbench reminding me that i need to create a clutch pedal stop as well.

so many things.

I'm out of words about how amazing your style and level of execution are with your projects. :clap:

Thanks, Joel! I really appreciate it.

Tom
This is looking very good..... :-) How long to you start it up, do you think?
Svein

Thanks, Svein. I'm hoping to start it sometime in the next couple weeks.

Thanks for making these. It's a really nice product and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

This forced labor will require beer. Can't wait to see this in person. Just last summer it was 8valving around Hannibal MO.

Intake manifold back from powdercoat

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0007.JPG

IAC bung and bracket for mounting the valve itself

DSC_0004.JPG

In an impressive display of broliness, I had a ton of help from Alex and Jacob last weekend while they were visiting. We managed to get the charge pipes and water pipe finished up, mounting tabs welded onto the oil cooler, the downpipe started, and bunch of other miscellaneous things done. Also had a transformer nearby grenade while we were under the car attempting to install the transmission. That was fun.

Some miscellaneous pictures of the aftermath:

Hot-side charge pipe

DSC_0009.JPG

Turbo and exhaust manifold both ceramic coated and installed

DSC_0014.JPG

DSC_0011.JPG

DSC_0044.JPG

Cold-side intercooler pipe with IAC and IAT bungs

DSC_0016.JPG

DSC_0018.JPG

DSC_0033.JPG

Flywheel, m5 clutch, 707 pressure plate installed

DSC_0021.JPG

Lower heater hose installed. 960 heater hose cut in half connecting to factory fitting turned 90 degrees using a 3/8 NPT 90* elbow

DSC_0026.JPG

Current state: wires everywhere

DSC_0008.JPG

Today I'm working on getting the transmission in (I had to ditch the straight bulkhead fittings and replace them with 90 degree fittings to clear the tunnel) and then perhaps tonight I'll spend more time on the engine wiring harness. I've done a fair bit of work planning it out, but there's more I need to figure out and learn before I dive too deep into it. This part is not a strength of mine.

Overall, I'm really happy with how this is all coming together. I really can't wait to drive it.

Last edited:
As it turns out, it's much easier to install this transmission setup in two steps: First bolt the bellhousing to the block (with adapter plate, slave cylinder and lines attached). Second, put the bare transmission in and secure it to the adapter plate with 4 nylock nuts.

You can see the first part of that here. It's significantly easier to wrangle into place compared to the whole thing as a single unit. You can also see the 90 degree bulkhead fittings that I swapped in (see top left side of bellhousing).

DSC_0058.JPG

I put the transmission in afterwards (well, mostly. I haven't gotten it fully seated into the pilot bearing yet...) and found that I do need to lengthen the front half of my driveshaft. I'm hoping I can find a shop locally that is willing to do it, but I haven't heard of any decent places yet. I'll see what I can find this week.

In another significant chunk of progress, my brother and I worked on the engine wiring harness last night and got all routing, power and grounds figured out. Next step is to terminate some wires, put on heatshrink, then more heatshrink, labels, more heatshrink, pin the connectors, and adhesive heatshrink/ boots to connectors. I've spent far more on this than planned, but I couldn't help but geek out on some neat motorsport-influenced wiring things.

DSC_0059.JPG

In another significant chunk of progress, my brother and I worked on the engine wiring harness last night and got all routing, power and grounds figured out. Next step is to terminate some wires, put on heatshrink, then more heatshrink, labels, more heatshrink, pin the connectors, and adhesive heatshrink/ boots to connectors. I've spent far more on this than planned, but I couldn't help but geek out on some neat motorsport-influenced wiring things.

DSC_0059.JPG

If you happen to have one or a few connectors unused, put some wiring on them too and hide them in the loom (if you didn't already). If in the future you need extra gauge senders or whatever, the wiring is already there and you don't end up with a colorful macrame of wires and zip-ties.

If you happen to have one or a few connectors unused, put some wiring on them too and hide them in the loom (if you didn't already). If in the future you need extra gauge senders or whatever, the wiring is already there and you don't end up with a colorful macrame of wires and zip-ties.

Good thought. I already added in provisions for a sixth injector and coil, two VVT solenoids, and another cam sensor just in case I end up needing them in the future. :cool:

Thread flagged for misleading title. This project has clearly become unreasonable. Enjoy the ban. Looking good breh.

Back