• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Thule 300 Rack question

IansPlatinum

Brickers, which is the proper way to install the thule 300 feet on our gutters? Inner edge or outer edge? Inner edge would be stronger but I worry about the foot "popping" loose

Outer:
1QFXznbh.jpg

Inner:
0dt7eKph.jpg

When I had mine on the 85 wagon I think it seemed to sit better and lock up as in the top pic.

But you raise a good point.

Will it lock up the way you have it in the second pic?

When I had mine on the 85 wagon I think it seemed to sit better and lock up as in the top pic.

But you raise a good point.

Will it lock up the way you have it in the second pic?

I don't have locks on mine. Maybe if I did I would have the answer to my question...

I thought the locks just prevented the knobs from being loosened, and I am able to tighten the locks in both placement positions.

My Thule rack, not sure the number, has aging rubber wrappers around 3 of the 4 feet. With the rubber, the feet fit the drip rails snugly and pretty much pick their own position. I think you could use a piece of bicycle inner tube to wrap around the drip rail as a replacement. That being said, you probably want to adjust yours to the outside of the gutters just so that the inner foot bump is a little further away from the roof corner & paint. My rack does not pinch the gutter upright when tightened -- there's a bit of clearance even fully tightened.

I use a piece of split polyurethane hose under each foot that makes the feet sit centered and do not damage car's paint.

Last edited:
Back