• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

'83 244 turbo, Im gonna need some help.

The intake on the engine is the proper one for a B21FT. The intake for a B23F would be a efi manifold that looks like the same one used on all the efi 240 series. With some port and cold start variations but the casting is the same for all the efi cars.

They butchered your car pretty well. I would also second the 'change it to efi' suggestion. You can use LH2.2 turbo setup without having to add an engine speed sensor and it will support a decent amount of power. Or megasquirt would be even better. There is a ton of info on using megasquirt here.

Right now Im really just looking to get the thing running and adding power can come much later.

With the LH2.2 setup I should be fine keeping the turbo/exhaust thats already on the car right?

Am I wrong in thinking a 541 ECU is a 541 ECU? There is a couple on ebay right now for pretty cheap.

Also the same question about the 230 intake, are they all the same? Ive found websites saying yes to both questions but Im not trying to waste money buying the wrong stuff.

The efi manifold castings are all the same. You can use just anyone you find. A B23F manifold is ok to use.

I don't know the ecu number but you want a turbo application only. Plus you will want the ezk ignition computer and a hall sensor distributor from an LH2.2 240.

It will be cheapest to gather the LH2.2 turbo parts and put that on. Unless you get a good deal on megasuirt. Nothing changes with the downpipe or turbo. You just need to add a heated o2 sensor in the downpipe.

Get the intercooler parts from a 85-91 740 so you can add an intercooler. There are also generic pipe and coupler parts so you can fab a intercooler mounted up front.

No, not unless you are prepared to add in a pressure regulator as well as adapting the fuel line. Just get a stock setup. Put a post in the wanted section for the parts you are looking for.

Fixing up someone elses bodges is a big project. Just take your time and do research and make lists of the parts you'll need. Everything pretty much bolts on so you just need to figure out the layout and what goes where. You will get plenty of help here.

I dont see any numbers anywhere, there is a yellow tag but there doesnt appear to have ever been anything on it.
aOJ1HVUl.jpg

This kind of looks like an injector plug to me. And there is 4 of them. They arent immediately next to each other but they aren't far apart.
KOQ1lgUl.jpg

That looks like the kjet turbo wiring harness. There are a few connections on it that look like injectors but aren't for efi. On kjet they use that same connector for the control pressure regulator, cold start valve, lambda valve, and sensors on the head and block.

The efi harness will have the injector wiring all together and they will split to having two shorter inner connectors and two longer outer connectors. All in a row for the efi.

What's your skill level with engines and with electrical re-wiring?

Off the top of my head, you'll need the following for a LH2.2 Turbo Conversion:
- LH2.2 Turbo ECU and EZK117 Turbo EZK (from a 740 turbo)
- LH2.2 wiring harness from a 240 NA
- EZK117 wiring harness (partial) from a 740T (there's a thread somewhere about converting from 240 NA LH2.2 Chrysler ignition to Turbo 740 EZK117 ignition)
- LH2.2 block mount distributor from a 240 NA
- Intake manifold, fuel rail, fuel pressure regulator from LH2.2 engine
- Suitable turbo injectors - either low-Z with resistor pack from 740T or (I think) high-z 850 injectors
- LH2.2 MAF/AMM
- Cone filter, or K-Jet Turbo Airbox
- Adding an intercooler will get you a bit more safe power. You'll need the intercooler (240/740/940), the top/bottom mounting brackets, and various hoses.
- Throttle cable for LH intake manifold
- K-Jet injector hole plugs for your existing K-Jet head (or swap to a 530 head). Cheap is an appropriate sized coin/slug, nicer is machined plugs with hold-downs.
- Some high-pressure fuel injection hose to go from filter to fuel rail, and FPR back to tank tube.

[BTW: oil your hood hinges]

I'm decent with engines and electronics stuff. That list is very helpful thanks. I ordered an intake with a throttle body on it and a 541 ECU.

The hood is already bent up from the passenger side hinge. That hinge looks a lot newer than the other and I'm guessing it's too much tension.

That throttle cable may work. Looks about right.

There isn't too much tension on the hood hinges. No one ever oils them. That is why Bob suggested you do so. You won't have any issues with them ever if you just juice them wiht some oil a couple of times a year.

Back