• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The Euromurican; a 242 with an M60B40

Small update time. I have been puzzling and testfitting to get everything in the eniginebay in it's right place and connected. For the sake of it and because this is a budget build I want it all simple and elegant with the least amount of (non-necessary) work and effort. So M60 remote oil filter housing and airfilterbox have been kept. I won't bore you with too much text so on with the pics.

Because the window washer reservoir is moved to the driver's side and the headlights will be connected on relays, I was able to delete the whole wiring loom on the passenger's side. The engine itself and the wipermotor will be fed from inside through a new hole in the firewall.

I was lucky because an m54 vanos pressure line was a direct fit from the steering pump to rack. Return also connected so the power steering is sorted.

Made a new strut brace from some oval tube I have laying around. The round one didn't clear the intake manifold.

The m60 airbox (requires some sheet metal wort in the engine bay to work) and the reservoir from a 245 turbo. Not shown yet are the dryer and expansion can for the airco, and the LPG reducer. But I'm positive I'll manage to get those in too.

Chow for now.

Last edited:
My friends stock 245 didn't get a pass for its APK with the exhaust lobbed off behind the rear wheel (with a turn-down on it), apparently there's some regulation since about two or three years that the exhaust has to be stock length.. 75 car too, you might have to go over/under axle and finish it there, though I'd ditch the bend and muffler that usually sits behind the bumper to exit the exhaust on the left. Looks odd from the rear of the car and there's plenty of space to add a muffler or two in the remaining exhaust length.

Cool project btw! I need to show this to the 240 people I know and convince them the stock engines are too slow.. :D

Not much. I have been too busy with work and adjusting my workshop. I did however finish the transmission mount and had it galvanized and coated

KVE8oeQh.jpg

K0nMb9Ph.jpg

aSvxY3uh.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work! I really like what you did with the transmission crossmember. I've been wanting to do something similar to replace the modified m47 crossmember I'm using with my getrag 265.

Very impressive thus far.... that intake will remind US Brickers of LS power..... but the BMW overhead cams are even cooler.

I really like the big V6 sitting in that engine bay. Your fab skills are impressive, and that crossmember is a testimony.

Hopefully she isn't too "nose heavy" with the power plant forward..... but I don't see that you really had any choice. Should be WAY more fun than any pushrod 4 banger. :nod:

I really like the big V6 sitting in that engine bay. Your fab skills are impressive, and that crossmember is a testimony.

V8*

According to google it's something like 380lb, doesn't say whether that includes accessories. I can't imagine a dressed up B230f weighs a whole lot less than that.

Click huge thumbnail in the sizes thingy before copying the link. (Or just add an H to the end of the link)

Adjusted the post, thx!

Very impressive thus far.... that intake will remind US Brickers of LS power..... but the BMW overhead cams are even cooler.

Hopefully she isn't too "nose heavy" with the power plant forward..... but I don't see that you really had any choice. Should be WAY more fun than any pushrod 4 banger. :nod:

V8 indeed. It shouldn't be too heavy and it isn't that much further in the enginebay. It's an aluminium block, and besides it's counterbalanced by the automatic which is long and heavy (109kg / ~240 pounds).

I hope to be able to start with it again later in August. This doens't need to take years and in fact it shouldn't.

V8*

According to google it's something like 380lb, doesn't say whether that includes accessories. I can't imagine a dressed up B230f weighs a whole lot less than that.

My BMW ignorance exposed! Still impressive all around..... will be curious to know the corner weights with that power plant as positioned.

Has he shared his replacement rearend to withstand that torque?

My BMW ignorance exposed! Still impressive all around..... will be curious to know the corner weights with that power plant as positioned.

Has he shared his replacement rearend to withstand that torque?

I have a genuine 3,15:1 240 axle and this hybrid Dana 35 3,07:1 axle. I will use the latter, at least in the beginning.

PA200094.jpg

Made the e38 airbox work. Cheaper solution than buying a conical airfilter and it has an intergrated cai.

c6gx7jxh.jpg

frlaBesh.jpg

5zJrppXh.jpg

6SQChuvh.jpg

It won't win any beaty contests (and neither will I) but it's out of sight anyway and it's sound.

D9kQtwmh.jpg

I also scored an X5 stainless 3" exhaust for a hundred which will form the basis of my exhaust system.

qfmczSzh.jpg

Another small update.

Since I was going nowhere with adjusting the e38 headers....

0tgK0AKh.jpg

...especially not because they're double stainless pipes, I scored e53 X5 headers.

aN16Hz6h.jpg

And they fit...

HcJvGeZh.jpg

... without modification.

koZRl40h.jpg

ViC0qM3h.jpg

So that problem is sort of solved.

On the first page you can see I was building an aluminium box for the ecu and transmission ecu to put in the engine compartiment. I let that idea go and decided it would be nicer to have them inside the car, if for no other reason than that I can used all the space I can get in that part of the engine compartment.

So I took the rubber gromet and plastic cover from the engine and made that fit in the fire wall panel. Pictures say more than words...

cXscEW1h.jpg

pxfXCkmh.jpg

8vlGuFbh.jpg

m7bUrFWh.jpg

wfEUWXOh.jpg

Z5YA4tVh.jpg

2bUaflNh.jpg

Airco feedline will still fit. The return needs another solution.

1k2Knvkh.jpg

Mock up.

RlUtODJh.jpg

NyhwB0Ah.jpg

Chow for now.

This was dormant for months due to work and other thing. But I have picked it up and it is developing fast at the moment. I will update soon and fix the broken pics.

Last edited:
Back