• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Jared's '79 5.3 244 Project: The Qwikbrik

So I was talking to Mr. Havinga and Mr. Bender and they pointed out that the pinion flange on an 8.8 is significantly lower than the pinion flange on a Volvo diff, and they're running one piece 3" shafts without any rubbing issues, and at least one of the cars is lower than mine is.

My bitch ass didn't even think to take into account how much lower the pinion flange is, so I think I'm gonna try a once piece at first. Worst case, it rubs and I send it back to be cut up and made into a 2 piece.

So I was talking to Mr. Havinga and Mr. Bender and they pointed out that the pinion flange on an 8.8 is significantly lower than the pinion flange on a Volvo diff, and they're running one piece 3" shafts without any rubbing issues, and at least one of the cars is lower than mine is.

My bitch ass didn't even think to take into account how much lower the pinion flange is, so I think I'm gonna try a once piece at first. Worst case, it rubs and I send it back to be cut up and made into a 2 piece.

That's a great point about the pinion height, and good news!

I feel like it's kinda hard to go wrong with a sticky tire from a large manufacturer at this point.

My only advice/caveat, is to avoid Continental if long-term noise is a concern. For some reason, as they wear, make an obnoxious whirring noise.

Source: daily driven customer cars with 5k+ miles on date code 2019 or newer tires.

My only advice/caveat, is to avoid Continental if long-term noise is a concern. For some reason, as they wear, make an obnoxious whirring noise.

Source: daily driven customer cars with 5k+ miles on date code 2019 or newer tires.

It's adorable that you think I'll be able to hear anything above a dull roar in this thing.

Idk man I'm a conticontact fanboi, I've got them on 3-4 cars now.

Direzza Z3 went on the Miata, no regrets.

That said I don't shop in the size you're looking for so I'm just rambling.

Driveshaft should be ready this week. I think I found a solution to my radiator hoses.

Very real possibility this thing is doing donuts next weekend.

Gigitty!

Yeah, I was a wee bit crunched for time when it got to my hoses, and I just pieced it together with aluminum tubing and silicone elbows. And a couple of gauge adapters (for the Volvo temp gauge and the fan control).

Got the radiator mounted and the fan installed this evening, and gathered what I need for my adjustable endlink project. Should finish that up and get a front swaybar on tomorrow.

Upper radiator hose (06 GTO upper hose, trimmed to fit) should be in tomorrow, hopefully my driveshaft is ready by the end of the week.

At that point, it'll need the coolant system flushed since there's some gak in there from it sitting so long, a battery, a trans fluid fill, and then it's burnout time.

Radiator's done, swaybar is almost in.

Z8HJVZZh.jpg

ofvb798h.jpg

Fan setup isn't the greatest, but it should suffice for the time being.

Found an F body power steering pump locally so that'll go on too. I don't think the lines will be a problem but we'll see.

Last edited:
Back