• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

262 sun visors into a 242

2turbotoys

Salaminizer
Another one of my answers to a question no one asked.

I have a set of 262 sun visors with a broken mount, and got a set of ratty old visors from a 240. I cut away the vinyl and foam to see how the mounts are attached, really all you have to do is rotate it in the proper direction and pull. Of course the 262 is the same attachment. In the pics, the 240 mount is rotated in the proper direction to remove it, it is opposite for each side.

The main differences between the two visors as far as installation goes:
The 262 has a different mounting base, that's why you have to use 240 ones.
The 262 has a longer clip area, which turns out to be important.
The 240 mount retainer is in a different location so the visor will sit slightly more outboard when installed. This is where the clip length of the 262 comes in, it means it will still work on the 240.
The 240 mount peg is a lot longer than the 262, so it wither need to be cut down or the foam in the 262 visor needs to be drilled. I think cutting it down will be the easier way to go.

I'm not finished yet but figured I would write this up while taking a break. I'm not even sure I will use these but I wanted to try the project.

aY8rpu0l.jpg

MwYDGyll.jpg

K7Rskmjl.jpg

RDNeVLll.jpg

Considering the 262 has 3 holes in a circular pattern and the 240 doesn't come anywhere close to lining up, you did something.

Well I guess the seller gave me the wrong info on what they are? None of my 245s had that style visor but I didn't have early ones.

Those are not the same sun visors, look at the document pocket. Mine goes from top to bottom. The 3 bolt mounting is the same though.

Back