• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Windshield support blocks, 240

DavidSamuels

K-Jet-Free Zone
Can anyone tell me what the thickness of the rubber blocks under the earlier windshields in the 240s is? I want to say about 6mm. Have never found them under the later, flush glasses, only the metal molding style.

An odd bit of info, I know. Any help appreciated!

Part number on the 3M kit for the 240?

3M 08612 Window-Weld 3/8' x 15' Round Ribbon Sealer Kit $21.80

s-l500.jpg

Almost TB ch3@p.

Ken, I absolutely knew you would be the one with the data. Thanks.

High-Strength Multipurpose Neoprene Strip
Adhesive-Back, with Certificate, 1/4" Thick, 2" x 36"
Durometer
60A (Medium Hard)

Or TB style™ cut out a couple strips of tire sidewall near the tread so you get the right thickness.

:e-shrug:

Ended up using WindshieldsToGo to source a new windshield locally. The first was an FYG unit that I turned down - they stored it on its end and pinched up the rubber seal pretty badly - creased in a few places so I didn't think it would 'relax' out. Second unit came from Pilkington - stored flat so rubber trim was like new. Have the window seal kit Redwood recommended on the way.

Ended up using WindshieldsToGo to source a new windshield locally. The first was an FYG unit that I turned down - they stored it on its end and pinched up the rubber seal pretty badly - creased in a few places so I didn't think it would 'relax' out. Second unit came from Pilkington - stored flat so rubber trim was like new. Have the window seal kit Redwood recommended on the way.

Have a part number for that Windshield? Did that windshield come with the rubber on it and is that a flush mount glass?

Not to thread jack but do you think this kit will work on the 262c windshield? Can't see why not but would like confirmation. Also what to use to get stainless trim back on? Just some butyl tape? thx

Yes it will work and probably to secure the trim as well.

Eye-talian style.

Have a part number for that Windshield? Did that windshield come with the rubber on it and is that a flush mount glass?

Edit - FW667 -- I believe that's some sort of 'application' number as the windshieldstogo email referenced it from both windshield suppliers. It is flush mount - that's the only option today for a new windshield. Redwood knows more than I -- but I believe the Bertone's use the same windshield - it's simply raked-back at a steeper angle than in the standard 200 series.

Last edited:
DW667 -- I believe that's some sort of 'application' number as the windshieldstogo email referenced it from both windshield suppliers. It is flush mount - that's the only option today for a new windshield. Redwood knows more than I -- but I believe the Bertone's use the same windshield - it's simply raked-back at a steeper angle than in the standard 200 series.

Nope it's unique to the 262s.

Back