• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Older Metal Emblems / Badges

15A

World's Oldest Brewery
The older (pre 90s?) badges that were metal, not plastic - anyone know if those were pot metal? Aluminum?

Looking at polishing up some that are NLA.

Last edited:
I tried to get some of the scratches out of a 79 Volvo emblem. Big mistake. The top layer is very thin. Not sure what is underneath as I didn't finish it. Thought it would get worse before it got better. I burned through the edge just a little, there was still a bit a "silver color" showing. Not sure which emblem you want to polish.

A "240DL" from an 88. I polished it and it looks great - but when you start removing material to get through scratches, corners begin to round off, fields begin to appear and you find how uneven the whole thing is. Alot more than you bargained for has to come off to make it look good.

I am leaning towards repopping these but there is a minimum of how many to make and no idea what I would do with 15-20 240DL emblems.

Found a couple places in Europe who claim to have it but my friend over there said the place is unreliable, known to send the wrong item, etc and then fight you returning it.

Back