• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Where does this go?

MawfChobe

Sorry for the noobishness of this question, but searching through pics, write ups, and YouTube has hasn’t produced any results. Looking at the TB, where does the disconnected hose supposed go? The car idles a little rough, nothing crazy, but it shouldn’t look like this...

XwtOEt4.jpg

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Charcoal canister under Left(Driver) front of the fender pretty much under the bumper.

IF I RECALL
The small hose next to that one from throttle body goes to valve on top of canister.
The bigger from throttle directly to charcoal canister

And there is another hose that goes from fuel tank fill tube to charcoal canister.

P.S. If you smell fuel replace all 3 with some decent vacuum(or fuel?) rated hoses and be done with it.

ALSO
Disconnect clamps on snorkel vacuum pipe to throttle body from both ends and wiggle it the way it wont RUB against fender and make a huge hole for vacuum leak there. It might have one already.

ALSO
Your kickdown cable is disconnected from spool, reconnect and properly readjust. And maybe let it a bit loose. Makes your driving a bit more smoother.

Last edited:
There should be two nips there. The hoses go to the charcoal canister.

Smog sucks. Raw fuel vapors cause a lot of smog. Fix it.

Whew! Thanks a ton, this really helped out. When I reconnected the kickdown cable it was locked in the fully out position and wouldn’t retract, driving in first gear isn’t fun... Some PB blaster eventually freed it up and now the car kicks down smoothly, and I have peace of mind that my charcoal canister is hooked up again, thanks again!

Back