• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The new car..

Mika

yleiskuvaa_01.jpg

yleiskuvaa_02.jpg

yleiskuvaa_11.jpg

yleiskuvaa_05.jpg

B19 + M45.. No options whatsoever. It has some rust here and there, nothing bad. The rust spots look bad because they have been "fixed" so badly by previous owners..

This is the current state of the project, front sheetmetal removed, engine removed and I?ve made the necessary cutting/welding to fit a bigger custom IC. Right now I?m prepping the engine bay for new paint. Here?s also a picture of the custom header with an eskilstuna wastegate. The wastegate isn?t ready yet, I?m still polishing it :roll:. Turbo will be a garret t04.

purkuhommia_06.jpg

peltisatsi_ja_hukkis.jpg

ic_sovitus_03.jpg

that's pretty sweet...... please tell me that you're going to keep the "high performance" trailer hitch....that would be so cool...

Jimmy

I have maded some custom exhaust by cutting the flanges of a used manifold. Clean them and see that you don't cut yourself at an edge and they are ready to use.

You can get the flanges from turbo shops.. I know at least one place that sells do-it-yourself header kits with flanges and the necessary pipes with different angles..

This is a little off the topic, but I've always wanted to know: What is the setup on the euro dash for the heater/vent/fan controls? It looks like you have 4 slide controls, while in the US, we got a single slide control for the heater valve on the left, and a rotary knob for fan speeds on the right, with three pushbuttons for Floor, Defroster and Recirculate vent positions.

Back on topic - That is a sweet turbo header man! :twisted:

Hello. We got both heater "systems" here in europe. I?m not sure, but I believe that the cheap DL models and (maybe) GL models had the 4 slide control panel, while GLE and turbo models had the 3 push buttons. I?ve seen both. The big difference seems to be that the push button system works with vacuum from the intake manifold.

My question is about the custom header what is that thing on the right I don't even know how to describe it and what function does it serve? And was it tuned for a certain rpm or made just for fit.

its the external wastegate... however im interested to see exactly how that design will layout with the exhaust pipe and turbo attached... i still dont picture how it will fit together

The turbo hangs quite low low, pretty much hugging the block (oil return line is just a bit over 4" long :roll:).. I?ll take a better pic some day with the turbo in place...
I?ve been thinking about a radical idea that I might do with this header/wategate combo. How about making a small hole in the hood and running the "exhaust pipe" from the wastegate trough that hole, so it would spit straight up through the hood under hard acceleration.. No performance gain for sure, but it sure would be "exotic" and I?d definetly end up with a "smoked" windshield :lol:.
We?ll see, it?s just a 10 minute job to weld together the right kind of pipe.

so.. the wastegate is forward as im looking at it? in otherwords, the turbo is way back towards the firewall and the wastegate pipe will then wrap under the whole manifold to reach the exhaust again?

or is it upside down in that pic?

Yes, wastegate is at the front, turbo is back towards the firewall and quite low. The wastegate pipes do not hook up to the exhaust, they are welded to the header above the turbo flange.

hmmm. Any reason why you didnt opt to put the wastegate at teh rear... above the turbo... so that the outlet could go directly back to the downpipe?

It just looks overly complex with the dual pipes running way out to the front to mate to the wastegate. does that have some positive effect due to increased volume to the wastegate when it opens? or was it just easier?

Back