• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Help! Yoshifab rwd hd engine mounts

rukkus

Please if anyone has experience with installing the hardened rubber mounts from yoshifab on a volvo 240 i need some insite on the install.

I'm trying to align the mounting points to the engine block but they just dont want to line up. The drivers side mount lil nipple for the the stock mounts has been drilled out to fit the new mounts to counteract the offset. As they said to do on yoshifabs website. But it seems too far off even with playing around with the jack. And the passenger side is really close.

Noob move to just jump into the job without knowing all the details but dont want to continue on if someone has a trick up their sleeve to make life easier. Getting really frustrated here and have limited time. Thanks

Also keep accessible bolts loose for maximum play. Once seated tighten everything up.

Phew got it, thanks for the replies
Ended up bolting the Mount assembly too the block first and then guided the studs into the crossmember. Took some fiddling but worked out. And yea i kept the mounts adjustable until everything was put in. Worries me a little since it's such an awkward spot to be able to tighten them with enough torque.
I'll just mark them and check time to time

Back