• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Large Tach Small Clock Question

MSGGrunt

I just did the large tach/small clock swap and have a question regarding the tach RPM reading. When the car is not running the needle indicates well below zero and at idle the needle is at or slightly below the zero RPM indicator.

Is this something that can be adjusted to indicate the correct RPM?

Attachments

• DSCN1589.jpg
    DSCN1589.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 77
The first picture is with the car completely turned off. The second of it at a normal idle.

Attachments

• DSCN1607.jpg
    DSCN1607.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCN1612.jpg
    DSCN1612.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 66
Had the same problem yesterday. Was able to adjust it by going to the max rpm position and giving it a small tweak equal to the amount off to the 1k mark. Go slow and small, check often.

Problem fixed. I removed the tach and spun the needle counter clockwise until it rested at the Zero mark. Now the tach reads, what would you call this, 800 RPM? This is with the car fully warmed up.

Attachments

• DSCN1814.JPG
    DSCN1814.JPG
    192.5 KB · Views: 21
What made you go counter clockwise ? The carpet turned out great. I might consider doing this. I see your dash is starting to pucker. Mine has developed 2 cracks. Just waiting for more inspiration to change it. Already have a replacement waiting in the wings.

Back