• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1 series using late 240 1990+ HVAC box

ab1

just checking before I pull my dash out fit up the 240 1990 heater box up that there will be no fitment issues. im a little concerned that the later style big Evap unit outlets may intrude on the brake booster on my 164. From eye sight it'll be close but hopefully the outlets will clear and sit just to the side

wondering if anyones done this on 1 series before

^RHD 140/160 cars, especially those in Australia and NZ, etc, use a metal bar that goes across the firewall to actuate the brake booster and master cylinder.

To the OP, what side of the car do the heater hoses go through to the passenger compartment on? Reason I ask, is, worst case scenario, get a LHD box, dash, etc, and just turn the car into an oddball down there. An Australian-spec LHD 164. That way, you've the modern AC system. Hopefully the RHD box will work, though.

Ive managed to make it fit by slightly manipulating the evaporator pipes to clear the brake booster so there won't be and LHD conversions necessary haha. now its onto sourcing some either custom hoses or better yet finding something at the wreckers that fits

on a side note a shame I could not use the 240 bottom mounting tabs as they trans tunnel is different so I will have to relocate the much more compact 240 vacuum tank

Back