• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

my 940 b230fk 350hp build

lorcand20

new to these build threads but here we go. bought this 940 se last year and added the manual boost controller and boost gauge, car did go well but after reading a few threads on her decided to see how far i could pull the old Volvo. the pics to follow are of the car and the parts that i have bought for the car i still need to buy a clutch? and an inter-cooler? this is my first Volvo build so any help or advice would be much appreciated.
1997 940se
C3kPt6V.jpg

NEDRsc9.jpg

OEV5CSL.jpg

BHNdUXfh.jpg

OzE6Z1ph.jpg

3076 ebay for now but if it works goo i will change to a hx35 holset.
e8egF0Kh.jpg

tial 46mm waste-gate
46rBzDUh.jpg

Bosch 550cc injectors
FhttuX5h.jpg

stage 3 chipped fuel and ignition ecus with wasted spark
qPVRTCxh.jpg

GP6x7O4h.jpg

mpOu9W6h.jpg

dizzy blank and gaskets
KNE8jx2h.jpg

XwcyJM9h.jpg

3 inch MAF
73lw66qh.jpg

IPD turbo cam and gear
UnMkTiwh.jpg

i also have a gripper diff and a AEM A/F ratio gauge. any help on the gripper diff mod would be much appreciated also:) thanks for reading and comment if you have any advice for me.
zbKYe5Wh.jpg

8Umeidqh.jpg

Last edited:
That ebay 3076 looks awfully familiar to what I have. Looks like it also has the copycat Borgwarner compressor wheel.

Also, that cam gear is not going to work in your car. Just toss it in the garbage. It's no good. Get a two-piece gear for a round-tooth belt from STS Machining, Nuke, or Yoshifab.

sorted, thanks. is there much benefit from the adjustable cam gear or would i get away with using the standard one?

Yeah, you have to set the cam to 1mm of opening the intake valve at tdc. Usually translates to -3 to -4 degrees at the cam gear.

Hi - Looks like exciting times ahead!
A couple of things -
What is the spray pattern on those injectors? I found that anything other than a narrowish cone will lead to an uneven idle. This wasn't a problem to me - the problem came when it failed the MOT due to emmissions (this was on Siemens Deka 60lb injectors).
Also the injectors may be marginally large for the size of AMM you have. LH2.4 will learn ok but when you go to full throttle it may go very rich. (that's why you bought the Afr gauge) May not be a problem for you - I have different chips to you - but if at full throttle you get a rich bog or are just embarrassed by the cloud of smoke you leave behind you, consider putting the guts of your old AMM into a larger section of pipe (details are on here somewhere).

Don't waste your time with this differential. Buy a proper one or stay with the open diff.
Best year of 940 you could find
The double mass flywheel won't stay with over 250 HP
You spent a lot of money already, not TB-style ;-)
Buy the TTV conversion kit from Dai.

And some suspension stuff.

Best is: rhd, yeah.

Be a happy 940 driver, Kay

Forgot:
First do a zero one tune and the wasted sparkspark with everything else original.
And listen to Harlan. Much easier with a two part cam gear. You will be able to modify your original one in the same way IPD did and I prefer the steel ones personally.

A couple of things -
What is the spray pattern on those injectors? I found that anything other than a narrowish cone will lead to an uneven idle. This wasn't a problem to me - the problem came when it failed the MOT due to emmissions (this was on Siemens Deka 60lb injectors).
Also the injectors may be marginally large for the size of AMM you have. LH2.4 will learn ok but when you go to full throttle it may go very rich. (that's why you bought the Afr gauge) May not be a problem for you - I have different chips to you - but if at full throttle you get a rich bog or are just embarrassed by the cloud of smoke you leave behind you, consider putting the guts of your old AMM into a larger section of pipe (details are on here somewhere).

Interesting, I wonder whether that's why mine idles like a pig on the DEKA injectors, what did you use instead? I've got a HY35 bolted to mine.

A couple of things -

not sure on the spray pattern. the man i bought the chips of said to buy that MAF and that size of injectors not sure if he had tried it him self but i hope it works out ok lol what size of injectors are u using now? will the standard MAF in a bigger pipe be better than the one i bought? thanks for the info man

Don't waste your time with this differential. Buy a proper one or stay with the open diff.
Best year of 940 you could find
The double mass flywheel won't stay with over 250 HP
You spent a lot of money already, not TB-style ;-)
Buy the TTV conversion kit from Dai.

And some suspension stuff.

Best is: rhd, yeah.

Be a happy 940 driver, Kay

thanks for the reply, i heard if you wield the governor its a good enough job. where would i buy a diff as and open diff is no fun:) what sort of flywheel will handle the power as i haven't bought a clutch yet so i can buy the right one to fit the flywheel.

Forgot:
First do a zero one tune and the wasted sparkspark with everything else original.
And listen to Harlan. Much easier with a two part cam gear. You will be able to modify your original one in the same way IPD did and I prefer the steel ones personally.

i will try that first to make sure it works lol

Back