• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Getrag adapter fitment issues?

T-RAN

Has anyone else has alignment issues with there RSI getrag adapter? Or has everyone else been able to just bolt everything together without having to modify anything? It seems that the four tranny to adapter bolt holes don't line up properly. I may just be tripping because it's late, I don't know. I'm taking it all to work tomorrow for a second opinion. Just thought I'd get your input too. Also, on the bell housing, do you just cut out the stock throw-out guide to make the getrag one able to fit through the bell housing? Thanks. Terran

I'm assuming the RSI adapter wasn't just copied from the old getrag adapter... if so, the bolt holes on the tranny will need to be enlarged slightly. I just used a slightly larger drill bit till everything slid through.

Yes, assuming the RSI is the same, you need to cut an opening in the stock bellhousing to get the getrag input shaft to fit through. IIRC, the RSI kit comes with a centering ring, which is why you don't have to have the central hole machined precisely. I don't have my old pictures, but here's a shot of how big the hole should be thereabouts... I have my centering ring installed in the old m47 shim slot. Note, "old" adapter plate shown.

125409306.jpg

107986386.jpg

125409308.jpg

125409310.jpg

Did you get instructions with your adapter kit when you bought it?

740atl is on it -- I used the RSI kit and it's just like he mentions. Slightly enlarge those holes and the center hole doesn't need to be precise since it has a centering ring. Hopefully your centering ring you got with your kit fits better than the one I got did. I had to sand/grind it down just a touch to make it all fit nice.

Hopefully your centering ring you got with your kit fits better than the one I got did. I had to sand/grind it down just a touch to make it all fit nice.
Terran's fit inside the hole properly, BUT, was about a mm too thick so he had to block(slab) sand it down to make it fit and the bellhousing to not rock on the adapter.

My centering ring was a little thick also, but I just bolted it together without doing anything about it. It might need some work after the flywheel exploded. I think I'll just have the plate welded to another good bellhousing in the one corner where the bolt hole got hammered. So three bolts and a weld..

I can't remember if I had to drill out my bellhousing holes. The RSI adapter's bolt holes are threaded holes. You basically need the right bolts with the proper length and threads. I used some washers with mine so they wouldn't be too long. They can't be too long...

MVC-014S-5.jpg

MVC-011S-8.jpg

Seems like I used a die grinder to grind out the middle part of the bellhousing for the centering ring.

MVC-012S-7.jpg

MVC-013S-6.jpg

THis is how it looked before the explosion.
shifty11.jpg

Simon

Last edited:
Back