• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

LaSSiss - 1981 242DL

As I get older I embrace the beige/warm colors. Is your car color 146? Can't quite read the ID plate.
Looks like a good solid car. I always liked the brown salt/pepper tweed interior in the 82/83 cars here.
I had one wagon with it in blue with a B21A. Talk about slow.

Lol, yeah talk about slow :p Yes, Correct 146. 10 years ago i would have hated this color, now i like it alot :)

Damn this is such a sweet ride! And lots and lots of money spent on it :)

Thank you. I have spent a lot of money on this, this past year ;)

you SE guys are in a completely different league when it comes to bricks!

Really? I think you guys have so clean rides :)

whoa!! link storm ems! :) i will contact you via pm

Yes, feel free to do so :)

That is some amazing work and beautiful sights in your photos.

What are those items installed into cylinders on the exhaust side?
How many kg's was the trailer used to tow the 242 with the V70?

That is some amazing work and beautiful sights in your photos.

What are those items installed into cylinders on the exhaust side?
How many kg's was the trailer used to tow the 242 with the V70?

Thank you :)

Its for coolant. Pre owner was going to use electric waterpump, i removed the piping and went back to original waterpump. V70 is allowed to pull 1800kg?s, 242 is 1250 ish and trailer is 580, so about 30kg overload ;)

Was out cruising and got some help of a friend with som adjustments on the Engine management

First wash this year/spring

Ah, I see. I did not want to assume as it did look close enough to be in the water jacket.

A short time ago I was helping some friends move something that was near Gullhella(sp?) with a V70 and we were also slightly ;) overload, of course I happen to be driving and we end up getting stopped. After some... maneuvering, no fines but we did get a very, very stern talking to, and made a few small changes to the car(go). If you do that regularly, you're much braver than I. haha.

Pre/Post wash look great, I'll always welcome more shots of your car. :)

Thank you :)

Its for coolant. Pre owner was going to use electric waterpump, i removed the piping and went back to original waterpump. V70 is allowed to pull 1800kg?s, 242 is 1250 ish and trailer is 580, so about 30kg overload ;)

Shame you can't take the rear seat out without triggering an air bag code. Between the spare tire and rear seat you could shed 30 kgs. I'm a little OCD.

Great build, I can't believe how clean the engine bay paint has remained.

Ah, I see. I did not want to assume as it did look close enough to be in the water jacket.

A short time ago I was helping some friends move something that was near Gullhella(sp?) with a V70 and we were also slightly ;) overload, of course I happen to be driving and we end up getting stopped. After some... maneuvering, no fines but we did get a very, very stern talking to, and made a few small changes to the car(go). If you do that regularly, you're much braver than I. haha.

Pre/Post wash look great, I'll always welcome more shots of your car. :)

Yes, i dont like driving like that. Maybe i will buy another car :) Thanks :)

Shame you can't take the rear seat out without triggering an air bag code. Between the spare tire and rear seat you could shed 30 kgs. I'm a little OCD.

Great build, I can't believe how clean the engine bay paint has remained.

Yes, that would be easy :)

Thanks, Enginebay is in good condition. Just had to wash and polish good :)

Nice to see you here. Good to see the progress on your car :cool:

I do like like the colour, not one I would have chosen but it does look spot on with good wheels.

I'm so glad in the UK you can tow pretty much what you want with a 240 and they do tow heavy loads with ease

Nice to see you here. Good to see the progress on your car :cool:

I do like like the colour, not one I would have chosen but it does look spot on with good wheels.

I'm so glad in the UK you can tow pretty much what you want with a 240 and they do tow heavy loads with ease

How did you find that Link ECU, just noticed they are UK based

Thank you:) I was very skeptical about the color, but since the bodywork was so good, I bought the car. Now the color has grown on me and I like it very much..

I bought the Link from a Friend's company. JE-Engineering. He sell's LINK and VIPEC

Back