• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

ASAPquick question with amazon parts before going to powder coating

Jack

junkman
lower rear control arm - rear will be poly bushings but do they make poly for the front of this arm? My other one (somehow only have one) had rear poly bushings and normal in front

Asking so I know if I have to press out the sleeve or not

q9Zirhbh.jpg

anyone ever replaced these rods that attach to the doors in the heater box? what did you use?

uqo3WeAh.jpg

Thanks
Jack

Press out the sleeve in the rear arm.

And the rust is pretty bad at the bottom of the heater door and it won't last long especially if you sandblast, so you should consider getting a good used heater box.

I don't suggest powder coating the heater box halves as there are 2, probably brittle by now plastic bushings for the control rod for each door, both of which are not available and which probably won't take the heat of powder coating.

I just sandblast and paint each half.

I can get metal rod at my local napa or Ace hardware, but looks like you need that door also. I'd leave the sleeve in that way if you do have to take it out there won't be any powder coating inside the hole that you'd have to sand out unless they tape it off.

That front part sure looks like the same as the 740 front stay rod bushing kit you could buy from IPD, just saying..

Thanks guys. The box is actually pretty good just the rod and door is junky. I have like 3 more to go through

So there are poly bushings for the front ? And they don’t use the original sleeve ?

Last edited:
Back