• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Volvobrage's widened 242

You are not the first to adress it! And I dont know if you read the Whole thread but I decided to cut away the New Mount I made and just go With a regular Panhard. Becuase of the Things you mention, there was several Things wrong With the way I did it.
But thanks for the heads up anyway!:) Important to share ideas, espesially when its important corrections!

I have not caught up with the whole post, yet! As I said I jumped from 2015 to 2018 just so I could post the vid. I think it's too bad that you canned the Watts. Looks like it would work very well with the diff cover fulcrum point. You might revisit using it, there are plenty of tutorials on Utube and elsewhere that show you how. Keep up the good work!

PS. I just caught up on the whole thread, very impressive work for a young man. I only have one criticism of this thread and some may find it a little weird, but there are too many photos. I love seeing the stuff you fabricate, motor mounts, catch cans, tubing runs, etc. But I really don't need to see bags of electrical connectors or every hole you've welded and ground, JMO!:)

Last edited:
I have not caught up with the whole post, yet! As I said I jumped from 2015 to 2018 just so I could post the vid. I think it's too bad that you canned the Watts. Looks like it would work very well with the diff cover fulcrum point. You might revisit using it, there are plenty of tutorials on Utube and elsewhere that show you how. Keep up the good work!

PS. I just caught up on the whole thread, very impressive work for a young man. I only have one criticism of this thread and some may find it a little weird, but there are too many photos. I love seeing the stuff you fabricate, motor mounts, catch cans, tubing runs, etc. But I really don't need to see bags of electrical connectors or every hole you've welded and ground, JMO!:)
I agree with you that it sad to drop the wattlink. But one other reason i did it was that it will be a pain in the ass to get it through the "controll" after i finish the car. Unfornuatly the rules for rebuilding is very strickt in norway:-(

Haha i understand:-P the reason i post picture of everything is that i take pictures of everything for my own sake. So i decided to post everything to have 100% of the build documented. I like threads with detail pictures myself, after all it's so many hours that will never show on the finishen product. Nice to show them along the way!
But thanks alot for your opinion!:)

Huge progress / first class build!
Nice motivation to get feedback like this! Thanks mister!:)

Rest of the week i have free from work so will hopefully get alot more done on the 242!

I agree with you that it sad to drop the wattlink. But one other reason i did it was that it will be a pain in the ass to get it through the "controll" after i finish the car. Unfornuatly the rules for rebuilding is very strickt in norway:-(

Haha i understand:-P the reason i post picture of everything is that i take pictures of everything for my own sake. So i decided to post everything to have 100% of the build documented. I like threads with detail pictures myself, after all it's so many hours that will never show on the finishen product. Nice to show them along the way!
But thanks alot for your opinion!:)

Nice motivation to get feedback like this! Thanks mister!:)

Rest of the week i have free from work so will hopefully get alot more done on the 242!

No problem! As we say here in 'Mericuh "opinions are like azzholes, everybody's got one"

? What kind of work do you do for the $$$?

No problem! As we say here in 'Mericuh "opinions are like azzholes, everybody's got one"

? What kind of work do you do for the $$$?

Haha, nice one:-P
I work for Marine Harvest on a fishfarm, we have atlantic salmon:)

Long time, no updates again. Will try to catch up with whats happend til now.

Flange for the air intake.
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

Spotted the overflow tank.
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

Moving the car in the workshop, decorating at the same time:)
dbtgallery.php

Made a new clutch pedal.
dbtgallery.php

Forgot the pump at home so need to make the last piece later.
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

Mounted the rail with connections.
dbtgallery.php

Started mounting some things inside the car also.
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

Mounted new torque rods and the wheel placement got alot better:)
dbtgallery.php

Quickly testmounted some stuff in the trunk.
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

A friend of me started to rent together with me, good inspiration with a E30 M3 2jz as a neighbor:oogle:
dbtgallery.php

New oilthermostat, and a small filter in case it doesnt clear the swaybar.
dbtgallery.php

Mainfuse for the battery, will mount this in the trunk.
dbtgallery.php

New original Volvo door hinges! Cant buy this new around here, have been looking for it for a long time.
dbtgallery.php

Coils and contacts.
dbtgallery.php

Last testmount of the roll cage before powdercoat.
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

Shorted this littlebit to clear the oilpan more.
dbtgallery.php

Fixed my old weldings on the torque rods.
dbtgallery.php

My friends caddy loaded with parts for powdercoat:)
dbtgallery.php

Bought some 3" parts for the exhaust.
dbtgallery.php

Spotted the downpipe, really tight here.
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

Think I will place the flexpipe here.
dbtgallery.php

A friend cutted som parts for me:)
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

New mount for the BTR.
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

Spotted the mount for the overflow tank.
dbtgallery.php

Picked up the parts from powdercoating. Really happy with the result!! Alot of dust on some of the parts on the pictures.
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

One of the rollcage and the bumpers are for a friends Golf mk1:)
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

Got a heavy package in the mail.
dbtgallery.php

Brand new made on my specs:)
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

Spotted the lower mount for the oilcooler.
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

Welded the overflow tank, will finsih the connetions when I take the radiator out.
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

Spotted the mount for windshield washer tank.
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

Thanks guys!! Some more pics, have finally started on the car again after a really nice summer with no garage activity.

Welded in reinforcement plates in the floor.
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

Started on the bearing mount, not a pretty sight at first:p
dbtgallery.php

After welding and grinding. Not finished yet.
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

Made the BMW pipe for the gearshifter 2cm longer to fit my car.
dbtgallery.php

1.gear
dbtgallery.php

2.gear. Very tight feel in the shifting!
dbtgallery.php

Got some more parts.
dbtgallery.php

V band clamp for the airfilter pipe.
dbtgallery.php

Front silencer for the exhaust.
dbtgallery.php

4" alu pipe for the airfilter.
dbtgallery.php

Finished the clutchpedal, 940 master cylinder.
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

Started on the exhaust:)
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

Blasted the new tank for powdercoat.
dbtgallery.php

Spotted and welded the air intake pipe.
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

Poly exhaust mounts.
dbtgallery.php

Adjustable panhard rod from retro turbo.
dbtgallery.php

Tested some interior, will start on the inside of the car soon hopefully.
dbtgallery.php

Made some exhaust mounts for the silencers.
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

Bracket for windshield washer liquid and oil catchcan.
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

Finished the windshield washer tank.
dbtgallery.php

Started on the catchcan and testmounted to check if everything fitted in the car.
dbtgallery.php

Catchcan build.
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

Welded the clamp on the intake pipe.
dbtgallery.php

Everything finished and testmounted. Im really happy with the result!
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

I didn't see how you made your motor mounts. Are they solid, or just very stiff? I'm wondering about the lack of flex built into all the plumbing.

Edit: it goes without saying that it looks incredible.

Great build. Thanks for sharing and the long term dedication is amazing. Really excellent quality stuff.
Thanks alot! Really nice to hear:)
I didn't see how you made your motor mounts. Are they solid, or just very stiff? I'm wondering about the lack of flex built into all the plumbing.

Edit: it goes without saying that it looks incredible.
Its not solid, but they are really stiff. My brother uses them on his 740 T5 build. Im hoping that since I have hoses on all the pipes on the engine side that it will be enough to take up the small movement and vibrations. If not I need to replace them with the ones that can move. They came in the store right after I ordered mine..
Thanks for the nice words!
Respect how you keep going after 6 years. Still one of the best projects here.
Need to correct you here, started on the car may 2011 so 7,5 years no:-P
Just crazy. I really love working on the car and have no problem with the motivation! But sometimes Im wondering what the hell Im doing when I think about all the time spent on the car:rofl:

Back