• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B23ET question

BRAD_242GT

Hi all, Stripped my b23et down today, arn't b23et's meant to have forged pistons? my pistons have a "d" stamped on it, they dont look forged. Any help would be great.

-brad_242gt

On the underisde, between the pin and the crown, there would be signs of a steel insert in the piston. If it's all smooth along the under side of the piston, and if the skirt is really thin, then it's forged. If it's got a thick skirt, reinforced-cast.

B23ET left, B230FT right
B23FT_B230FT-3.jpg

Notice the skirt thickness
B23FT_B230FT-1.jpg

B23FT_B230FT-2.jpg

Hey Mike, did you compare weights of those guys? Actually, that's not apples to apples is it- how about b23et to b23f or e pistons? Hmmm, still not really apples to apples...

Just curious, I'm using the ET's as well...

Canuckvolvo said:
Hey Mike, did you compare weights of those guys? Actually, that's not apples to apples is it- how about b23et to b23f or e pistons? Hmmm, still not really apples to apples...

Just curious, I'm using the ET's as well...
Yes. The B230FT felt heavier. Thus ends my weight comparison. I believe the ET's weigh in around 610 grams. I'd imagine the steel lined pistons would be heavier. Hard to believe the "light" one could be that heavy.

That sounds good, im aiming for 300hp
b23et
405 head
b cam
garrett t28r turbo
halteck e8 ecu
BIG front mount cooler
bosch 363 injectors
any suggestions on fuel pump? 560 merc v8 ??

Back