• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Double Posts

deepfried

Moved on.
The past few months many many of us have a problem with double posts.

Goes like this.

You try to respond to a thread and you click on the quick reply. You write your post. You Hit submit and it takes 30+ seconds to submit it as it just loads and loads. Then you get a double post.

It doesn't do this on any other way of submitting a post.

Any idea?

My own observations:
- this is far worse in very large threads. A small thread with 15 replies - quick reply happens fast, never see a double post
- in large threads, I'm not sure what it's doing when you use quick reply - but it does drag on forever, and odds of a double post amplify with each additional second
- You will never (that I've seen) get a double post if you hit the 'Go Advanced' button on the reply, but that also drags on for 20 - 30 seconds before the advanced window pops up
- What does work quickly, and doesn't produce errors - just hit 'quote post' on the last post in the thread, that pops up very quickly, and just delete the quote before typing your post in. That posts quickly, no dupes, just not the most intuitive thing in the world.

I guess the very long threads just stress the board software somewhat.

Never had an issue before whatever update or changes were made. Still don't have an issue, but it does take a while when you hit quick reply.

Back