• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1992 740 turbo wagon exhaust

turbopop23

Anyone know where I can by a cat back exhaust system for my wagon. FCP can't get the kit anymore. Just looking for stock replacement. 1992 740 turbo wagon.

Is it different from the sedan exhaust? I ordered a 91 740t exhaust from the dealer last year (starla) full kit w brackets and such, ended up installing it on my 90 740t instead.

Most real muffler exhaust shops can bend you one and then put it in.

Many brand name muffler shops have stopped bending mufflers. The quality of the pipes they are provided does not lend itself to bending. (From a local Midas that did several custom exhausts for me over the years, but won't do them anymore.)

You should be able to find a good private shop to do the work.

As for what you want, 2.5" off the cat all the way back to a FlowMaster, Dynomax, or MagnaFlow under the trunk, then 2.5" out the back.

Here's a YouTube video that let's you hear the difference on the same car. Your Turbo will sound a bit mellower as the turbo itself does a lot in terms of reducing the high frequency sounds and smoothing the tone out.

When we did my son's '92 944T, I believe we used the MagnaFlow. They also added a resonator. At idle, you feel the exhaust behind the car, but don't really hear it. At cruising speed it is whisper quiet in the cabin. When launching, it has a nice low rumble that, again, you feel rather than hear. The car also has a rewarding crackle on overrun (full throttle boost, then take foot off accelerator).

Also Volvo dealer still seems to have the stock version. I’m in Canada where it’s on sale now at Volvo of Toronto. I don’t work for the dealer just trying to share with my Tb fam.

Pn: 31392962

Back